cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

is it a good idea to run a Ryzen 5 3600 at 1.1V ?

right now i am running at 1.1V and 4.2ghz. havent got any bsod or instability since 2 days. does this degrade cpu performance? in the picture you can see i am running at 50c with a couple of stuff open

4 Replies

Lower voltage is never a bad thing, as long as it's stable in all your programs, and especially if it's stable in AIDA64 stress test using Stress Cache only, then you're golden. My 3700X runs at 4.3ghz at 1.2v, so it's not unheard of to get what could be called "golden samples".

qbtheslayer
Challenger

Prime95 small FFTs is my go to for stability...  More demanding and generates more heat.  The AIDA64 test is okay but far from the toughest stability test.

QB

I tested both AIDA64 and Prime95 Small FTTs as you both said. On Prime 95 my CPU hit 95C ! My temp limit was on 80c though so i instantly stopped the test.
I am using a bequiet! Pure rock right now with pretty high fancurves and this seems weird to me.

Update: I checked my Voltage again and it basically just resetted itself after a reboot and it was at 1.3V average. Probably why i got 95C. After i adjusted it again and did the Prime95 test again, i ran it for about 10 Minutes and was on average of 75C which is pretty normal since this will never be reached while gaming at this Voltage. Thanks for the replies!

Cheers