cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gisellej
Adept I

Is AMD Sempron 140 2.70GHz 64 bit capable?

I need to know if the AMD Sempron 140 2.70GHz processor is 64 bit capable. Currently I am running Win 10 Pro, 32 bit, 3GB RAM, 464GB disk. The windows 10 upgrade is not compatible with my graphics card, so I have to revert to windows 7 home, but rather than 32 bit, I want the 64 bit. I'm not very good at these tech things. There are two areas in my system info that says something different about the system type. Under System Info/System summary/system type is says X86 based PC. But via System & Security/System, the specs says its 32 bit X64 based processor. I thought these were two different types? Thanks for any help or advice!

0 Likes
7 Replies
neon
Miniboss

Yes, Sempron 140 is 64-bit compatible.

AMD-SDX140HBK13GQ-AOD.png

0 Likes

Thank you

The Sempron is able to run 64-bit operating systems however beware it will be slow due to the lack of resources.

If at all possible consider an Athlon which has at least 2 cores to run windows a lot better etc

0 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind

0 Likes

Thanks for the response articwind. I'm not sure what a GPU is, but if its the graphics card, I currently have NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. Hope thats it!

0 Likes

gisellej wrote:

Thanks for the response articwind. I'm not sure what a GPU is, but if its the graphics card, I currently have NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. Hope thats it!

That is the integrated graphics on the motherboard, so  you should fine that way for basic work

0 Likes