Journeyman III

irql_not_less_or_equal ntoskrnl.exe

AMD ryzen 3600

Asus b450 tuf pro gamind

RTX 2070 super msi trioX

kingston hyperX fury

power supply Thermaltake Toughpower GX1 RGB 700W

sometimes happenes BSOD 

I wrote to support microsoft, but they are can't help.

All drivers are fresh, new windows 10 1909 with the last update.

I read to forums, people have same problems with ryzen, but note one is resolved.

I removed fast boot in windows, and select XMP profile memory, but problem still relevant.

I want to ask a question, can the processor be the cause?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Most likely the BSOD is being caused by a driver in your computer or a defective Hardware like RAM MEMORY module.

I like to link this Tech website because it offers good troubleshooting advice. just don't download any of their "Recommended software": Fix: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD - Appuals.com 

If the error occurs while gaming or heavy loads: How to Fix irql_not_less_or_equal Error on Windows 10 - Appuals.com 

One of the reason for your BSOD could be 3rd party programs. Try running your computer on a "Clean Windows Desktop" which is basically disabling all 3rd party startups. Similar to Safe mode except on a Windows Desktop environment.

It is easy to do. Here is how to do it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Run that way and see if the computer continues to BSOD.

Also to rule out physically bad RAM MEMORY module, run MEMTEST86. After 2-3 passes it should show Zero errors.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS/UEFI & CHIPSET versions installed for your Motherboard. Plus reset your BIOS/UEFI to factory settings (Default) by doing a CMOS CLEAR or through BIOS settings itself. This will eliminate any BIOS settings that could be affecting a driver.

I use verifire.exe, and check all drivers, and after reload again bsod: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION     ndis.sys

this is a system file, how do you know which driver is causing the blue screen?

0 Likes

This Windows Tech site gives troubleshooting advice concerning that BSOD error NDIS.sys: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ndis-sys-failed-bsod-error-windows-10 

Very old MS Forum concerning the same Driver Verifier NDIS.sys error: the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ndis.sys problem; - Microsoft Community 

Seems like according to a couple of websites including MS Forums that you need to update the Network Drivers as a start.

0 Likes