cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

skar_321
Adept I

ipmi and ecc for consumer grade cpus like intel E3 plattform

Is it unintended from AMD that there are no motherboards with official ecc support and ipmi for consumer grade cpus like ryzen as a counterpoint to intel e3 xeon series?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I believe EPYC CPUs support those two features but not Ryzen. Ryzen and IPMI | ard|Forum

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

I believe EPYC CPUs support those two features but not Ryzen. Ryzen and IPMI | ard|Forum

0 Likes

I know that motherboards for epyc server cpus support those features but intel as a direct competitor offers a least cost intensive and energy intensive platform (Xeon E3) for low level servers.

0 Likes

Does this concern a motherboard for a Server or Server Environment?

If so then maybe by posting your question here at AMD Server Forum you might get an answer: AMD Server Gurus

jesse_amdjesse_amdjesse_amd who is the EPYC Moderator of that Forum might be able to answer your question.

0 Likes

I know that there is no such motherboards in the market and I wanted to give feedback to amd and btw ask what is the reason for the lacking of such boards?

I believe that a lot of small offices and home users use smaller server plattforms that are least cost intensive than epyc.

I will ask this question in the AMD Server Forum.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Best regards

0 Likes