cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bel38
Journeyman III

Integrated Deepcool New Ark 90 liquid cooling for TR4

Hello to all. I bought a case for my AMD computer - Deepcool New Ark 90 with integrated liquid cooling system. But it doesn't fit AMD TR4 processors... Bad news for me, but! I watched a lot of coolers recomended by AMD for TR4 socket - most of them looks like normal cooler for AMD AM4 and also LGA sockets. Some of them - have circle design. So the qustion is - can I use a cooler system of my case with AMD TR4 processor? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
6 Replies

That question is best asked to Deepcool.

Ive asked them. The answer is:

Dear customer,

The New Ark 90 is not compatible with the TR4 socket. Thank you.

But, if you look at the recomended liquid cooler systems, you will see, that most of them have the same metal place for processor as cooling system in deepcool case. Its maybe not sertified for use with tr4...

0 Likes

Socket TR4 is wider than standard sockets and requires the use of a Socket TR4 plate, so it's not really a case of certified it's a case of compatible, and the answer is no you cannot use the cooler of your case with Socket TR4.

Dear customer,

The New Ark 90 is not compatible with the TR4 socket. Thank you.

a new (integrated) liquid-cooler case not considering TR4? - whata shiny oxymoron!

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

bel38, your question as asked makes no sense.  Please read it again and clarify.  We need to see all your specifications.  I use Enermax coolers on my Threadrippers.  I would suggest you make sure the cold block covers all of all the chips in the module.  Some of the older coolers did not when I was looking.  Here are my specifications:

MSI X399 Creation, Threadripper 2990WX, 3xSamsung SSD 970 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD 960 EVO on

MSI AeroXpander RAID10, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14Q-32GFX,

Windows 10 x64 Pro, EnerMax-MaxTytan-EDT1250EWT, Enermx Liqtech TR4 280 CPU Cooler,

Radeon RX580, UEFI E7B92AMS.120, AGESA SummitPI-SP3r2-1.1.0.2

Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Here is a list from AMD Support of all the compatible RYZEN CPU Coolers recommended by AMD: Thermal Solutions for Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors | AMD

EDIT: Just found out that the DEEPCOOL ARK 90 is a computer case with a built in liquid CPU Cooler. I would follow black_zion​ advice and contact DEEPCOOL Support and see if the Computer case integrated Liquid Cooling system is compatible with Ryzen CPU/APUs. If not, Find out if you can replace the integrated Liquid CPU Cooler with a AMD Recommended CPU Liquid Cooler.

According to Deepcool the Deepcool Ark 90 computer case uses a Captain Liquid Cooler. All the Captains are good for AM4 and most up to 140 watt AMD CPUs. Only one Captain Liquid cooler seems to be made for TR4 Ryzen CPUs which is this one: CAPTAIN 240 PRO GAMER STORM CPU LIQUID COOLER​ .

If you Deepcool Ark 90 doesn't have a Captain 240 Pro liquid cooler than most likely the CPU Cooler you have installed is for AM4 Ryzens only and not TR4 CPUs..