shibbbbby
Adept I

Re: Von 16GB RAM sind nur 7,97 verwendbar

Yes, completely clean. no thermal paste. I doublechecked it twice now

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Re: Installed 16GB RAM and only 7,97GB useable

shibbbbby, I can only suggest you contact AMD Online support and ask their opinion.  With the testing you have done, I think the problem lies with the processor.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
shibbbbby
Adept I

I did:  AMD:

Dear Aron,

Thank you for contacting AMD.

I am very sorry to tell you this but this appears to be a issue with your motherboard (even though it worked correctly in the past). I think it would be best to contact ASRock to see if they have a idea of what might be going on, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

----

ASRock Support

Hallo,

es ist denkbar, dass der Speicherkontroller in der CPU ein Problem/Defekt hat.

(it is conceivable that the memory controller in the CPU has a problem / defect.)

ASRock Europe B.V.
Bijsterhuizen 1111
6546 AR Nijmegen
The Netherlands
www.asrock.com

-----

AMD says it the Motherbaord

ASROCK says it is the CPU

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

shibbbbby, I am sorry too, although that does not help.  I assume you explained to AMD that you have tried another processor in this same MB and it worked and another MB with this processor and it failed?  What ASRock says is quite possible.  Best of luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Reason to check your RAM is because if a module is bad, it could make Windows set it as reserved Memory.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

check for a BIOS update as newer platforms are often not checked out as well as can be expected

it may take some time for a BIOS fix to sureface

0 Likes
shibbbbby
Adept I

Yesterday I just took my  old FX-4170 and replaced it with my FX-8350 and to my surprise it worked straigth away. With no issues. I chnaged nothing else.

In bios it says dual channel and in windows all 16 GB are available.   But after putting back the FX-8350 it is again in single channel mode

and 8 GB are hardware reserved.

AMD support has told me after this that it migth be the windows installation. But the RAM changed already the behavour in bios. (DUAL CHANNEL MODE)

Unbenannt5.PNGUnbenannt6.PNGUnbenannt7.PNG

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

if you change the CPU, windows might not notice and have issues

I suggest testing with a small disk and see if that issues clears up with a fresh install of windows

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

shibbbbby, hardcoregames is absolutely correct.  When there is a major change like a CPU, using the old Windows installation is begging for trouble.  You save a few minutes and it cost you many very hard to resolve problems.  Please do a fresh install.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
shibbbbby
Adept I

I will do it, to test it. But bare in mind that my windows verison was installed on the FX 8350, changing the CPU to FX 4130 without installing windows freshly worked out of the box. I changed nothing else (nothing in bios, windows etc)

I could use all 16GB

0 Likes