shibbbbby
Adept I

Installed 16GB RAM and only 7,97GB useable

0 Likes
25 Replies
shibbbbby
Adept I

Re: Von 16GB RAM sind nur 7,97 verwendbar

I replaced the Motherboard (its new) to make sure its not the motherboard - checked also with support (Mobo Ram combination)

I replaced the RAM to make sure its not the RAM -  I had the same issue with the my old 2*8GB Ram

It does work under FX 4xxx not for FX 8350

RAM works in single mode but  I can't change that - it is detected correctly in bios.

0 Likes
shibbbbby
Adept I

misterj
Exemplar

Re: Installed 16GB RAM and only 7,97GB useable

shibbbbby, please post in English.  I cannot read your language and this is a English only forum - use a translator if needed.  With all your debugging, looks like a problem with your FX8350. Please check the pins carefully for contamination and bent pins.  Post the model of your HW and SW.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
shibbbbby
Adept I

But i did it already. Have you still the german version of it?

Is should look like:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

If you reinstall the old CPU FX 4xxx and Memory reports correctly with the new RAM than it is as the thread you started in Tom's Hardware suggesting it might be a faulty FX8350.

Normally updating BIOS to the latest would fix this type of issue. But I see you have the latest BIOS installed from ASRock.

In Task Manager, is Windows showing that 8 gigabytes are in reserve?

I also have a FX8350 CPU with 16 gigabytes of RAM Memory. This is what Windows Task Manager is showing. "Hardware Reserved - 263 MB".

from your ASROCK SUPPORT MOTHERBOARD MANUAL concerning BIOS SETTING for RAM Memory : http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/970M%20Pro3.pdf

If your FX 8350 is still under Warranty open an Online AMD RMA Request and see if they suggest returning it for a new CPU from here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/rma

They can tell you if your CPU is still under Warranty or not.

shibbbbby
Adept I

Mine says 8GB reserved

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

This website give some good troubleshooting tips on how to resolve the large Memory Reserves in Windows: SOLVED: Windows 10 Won't Use Full RAM - Appuals.com

DON'T DOWNLOAD THEIR RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE TO FIX YOUR COMPUTER> IT IS A SCAM. But the information is valid.

Run MEMTEST86 from a USB Flash drive and check your RAM MEMORY to eliminate a bad RAM Module.

Also run SFC /scannow in a ADMIN RIGHTS Powershell or Command Prompt to verify your Windows installation is not corrupted or missing files.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

shibbbbby, I am mainly talking about the various screenshots which contain non-English.  Have you examined your FX8350 for dirty or bent pins?  That would seem the main culprit right now.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
shibbbbby
Adept I

This will not match my issue, but I will try it anyway.

My issue is that 8GB RAM are hardware reserved.   In BIOS it it recognised but as signle channel instead of dual channel

0 Likes