Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dcsnow1000
Journeyman III

Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 5 Upgrades

Good Morning All,

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 5675 back in 2018 and was looking to upgrade it to be able to expand my gaming ability on the PC and bring it up to speed with current times. 

Currently has - Ryzen 5 1400 and Radeon RX 560

I purchased AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and a Ryzen 9 3900X. In hindsight I should of probably done some research to see if I should of done any other upgrades with it to help these run the best (Full Disclaimer I am not tech savy when it comes to building/upgrading PCs.)

I already upgraded to 32Gb Ram. I know it has a 450W Power Supply. I can not locate what type of Motherboard it is running.   Any other recommendations on upgrades? Or should these put me in a good place for gaming (No Streaming) with Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls, Valorant, Etc.

Thanks all!

DJ

1 Reply

Download a free program called SPECCY which will show Make & Model of your Motherboard and other hardware installed. Also show all software installed.

This 2018 Dell Thread about your computer Inspiron 5675 mentions that your motherboard doesn't support 2nd Generation processors which means your Ryzen 3rd generation won't work either: Inspiron 5675, CPU compatibility - Dell Community 

Dell Support for your PC has parts that are compatible with your motherboard including RAM MEMORY.

I highly suggest you open a DELL Support and find out exactly what hardware is compatible with your motherboard.

But you will need to replace the DELL Motherboard with a Motherboard that will support 3rd generation processors with the correct BIOS version and will also list what RAM MEMORY is compatible with the Matisse processor.

Note: I would also try to upgrade the PSU to a metal rated PSU of at least 750 -850 watts or higher.