Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BARBOUNI
Journeyman III

I want to upgrade my CPU

Hello,

I want to upgrade my current PC's CPU, because in its current state the PC is very slow and can't play the most of the games.
My PC's specs :

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g with embedded graphics

Motherboard: MSI B450 pro m2 max

Ram: Corsair 2 modules x 4 GB DDR4 3000mhz

SSD (1): TeamGroup L5 3D LITE SATA ||| 500GB

SSD (2): Samsung Evo 860 1 TB

And I want to upgrade my CPU to Ryzen 5 3600x with embedded graphics.
Is something like that combatible let me know, because I dont know much when it comes to combatibility.

Any response is welcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The Ryzen 5 3600X doesn't have integrated graphics so you would need to install a GPU Card to have video.

Here is your Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST that shows all the AMD Processors that are compatible with its corresponding BIOS version that you will need to have installed for the Motherboard to recognize and be able to boot the computer: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-PRO-M2-MAX#support-cpu:

This is just the top of the list and showing you where the BIOS version is located that you will need to have BEFORE installing the upgraded CPU plus the QVL List for Ryzen 3xxx APUs for RAM.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 130931.png

There several Ryzen APUs that you can upgrade on your Motherboard. Depending on how much you want to spend. 

Be aware that if you upgrade your Ryzen you might also need to upgrade your RAM MEMORY if it isn't listed the Motherboard's QVL LIst for the new CPU you are planning on installing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The Ryzen 5 3600X doesn't have integrated graphics so you would need to install a GPU Card to have video.

Here is your Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST that shows all the AMD Processors that are compatible with its corresponding BIOS version that you will need to have installed for the Motherboard to recognize and be able to boot the computer: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-PRO-M2-MAX#support-cpu:

This is just the top of the list and showing you where the BIOS version is located that you will need to have BEFORE installing the upgraded CPU plus the QVL List for Ryzen 3xxx APUs for RAM.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 130931.png

There several Ryzen APUs that you can upgrade on your Motherboard. Depending on how much you want to spend. 

Be aware that if you upgrade your Ryzen you might also need to upgrade your RAM MEMORY if it isn't listed the Motherboard's QVL LIst for the new CPU you are planning on installing.

Thank you for the fast reply I really appreciate that, can you then suggest me a cpu with embedded graphics.

I have 300 euros and i think that it is better to get a good cpu with good embedded graphics and not a good cpu with a good graphics card, because that is going to cost a lot more.

0 Likes

Find all the Processors that end in G which are Retail processors except the 4xxxG processors which are OEM/TRAY Processors.

The Processors that end in GE are also OEM/TRAY Processors.

By the list, the best upgrade would be the Ryzen 5 3400G or the 3200G APUs which are Retail Processors that have a 3 year AMD Warranty plus might also include a AMD CPU Cooler if bundled.

The 3400G has 4 cores and 8 threads and advertised as having one of the most powerful Integrated Graphics but the 3200G is much cheaper but not as powerful as the 3400G.

Here is Tom's Hardware website reviewing both the 3400g and the 3200g and comparing them to each other. You can then decide what you want to purchase: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3-3200g-ryzen-5-3400g-specs-pricing,39619.html

From PC-Gamer website review of the Rzyen 3400g APU and how well it will run most modern games: https://www.pcgamer.com/should-i-buy-amd-ryzen-5-3400g/

You can probably purchase a GE APU or a 4xxxG APU but since they are considered to be OEM/TRAY you won't have the AMD Warranty except from whatever the Retailer offers you as a Warranty. Plus it won't come in an Official AMD Retail box nor have a CPU Cooler.

also the 4xxx APUs are very expensive.

0 Likes