cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

xxwowkingxx
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I've got an AMD FX 8320 clocked at 3.5Ghz and my CPU temps are fine but my NorthBridge temps are idle at 60 celsius then when I stream and game, they go up to 105 Celsius.

Are these normal? I do not have any type of performance issues or anything at all but I am just worried about these temps.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: I've got an AMD FX 8320 clocked at 3.5Ghz and my CPU temps are fine but my NorthBridge temps are idle at 60 celsius then when I stream and game, they go up to 105 Celsius.

That's obviously an erroneous reading, your northbridge is not getting hot enough to boil water.

0 Kudos
xxwowkingxx
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: I've got an AMD FX 8320 clocked at 3.5Ghz and my CPU temps are fine but my NorthBridge temps are idle at 60 celsius then when I stream and game, they go up to 105 Celsius.

It is possible. I am checking it using HWmonitor and speedfan. They both say the same and as of today, it went up to 115C while streaming World of Warcraft and doing a 25 man raid. How can I find the correct reading then?

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

If the sensor is bad then there's nothing you can do, but it's not a major issue because it has a giant heatsink. You could open your case while it's under full gaming stress and hit it with an infrared thermometer and see what it reads.

0 Kudos
xxwowkingxx
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Well, I have no types of performance issues at all and it doesn't feel hot so I guess the sensor is just messed up then. The case also doesn't get that hot. It gets hottish warm but still touchable right below the Northbridge. I'd say it's fine then. Just wondering if anybody else was having issues with the AMD FX 8320 doing this as well. THe motherboard is a

A960D+V2

0 Kudos
xxwowkingxx
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Okay so, now when my Northbridge hits 90c, my CPU will downthrottle to 1400Mhz. Why?

0 Kudos