cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

omegaflare
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: I think my Ryzen 3500U (with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10GHz)is eating away my ram! Can anyone help?

Did you fiddle around with the BIOS under UMA setting and see if you can reduce the size from 2G to 512MB? If not then you're stuck.

0 Kudos
anton888
Adept I
Adept I

Re: I think my Ryzen 3500U (with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10GHz)is eating away my ram! Can anyone help?

I have the same problem with my laptop on Ryzen 3500U, it eats 2 GB RAM for Vega 8 graphics. I checked several other laptops and they use only 0,1 GB for graphics, and take more only when it's needed. It seems no way to change it as BIOS doesn't have such option on my laptop. 

alexrivus
Adept II
Adept II

Have the same issue. RX5500 on my machine handle all the heavy graphics I have so no need to waste 2 gigs for VEGA10. My laptop is MSI Alpha 15 (A3DDK). Have you found any solution yet?

0 Kudos
alokbv01
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I bought a new Asus Vivobook M409DA with AMD 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx. I am getting the same problem. Memory installed is 8GB but 5.9GB is usable. Well I am a software developer and I need more memory because sometimes Android Studio and its emulator requires more memory. When I searched internet I found that it can be fixed by some kinda of UMA Buffer Size setting in BIOS but in my laptop's bios there is no such setting. Should I update the bios or this memory is reserved forever ? Help 

0 Kudos
priyaaanshu
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue on Asus m509da. How do I fix this? I need more RAM.

0 Kudos
Gwydion6
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: I think my Ryzen 3500U (with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10GHz)is eating away my ram! Can anyone he

Hello, I have the same problem here.

System is Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ADA05: AMD Ryzen 7 with AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 graphics which reserves 2.1GB of RAM, leaving my with only 5.9GB usable for my regular computing.

My laptop doesn't have advanced BIOS options, and like others I would like to reduce the amount of VRAM reserved to something similar to other laptops (512mb).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Queron1387
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: I think my Ryzen 3500U (with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10GHz)is eating away my ram! Can anyone he

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E595, in my BIOS it's the second tab which is config. Under that tab if you go to Display it has an option that says UMA Frame Buffer size. That's the only way to turn it down on mine or at least that I've found, I hope this helps someone at least cause I've found out to lessen the amount of RAM it uses for VRAM, but I want to increase the amount cause I plan on putting the full 32GB in here at some point.

0 Kudos