cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I purchased the AMD FX8370 six months ago before the Wraith cooler was included, is it possible to get one now that it is included?

I purchased an AMD FX8370 six month ago before the Wraith cooler was included in the deal.  Is it possible to get a Wraith cooler for it now that it is included with the purchase?  It would be nice.  I have my FX8370 at 4.113GHz.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: I purchased the AMD FX8370 six months ago before the Wraith cooler was included, is it possible to get one now that it is included?

AMD doesn't sell the Wraith cooler separately. It's great for a stock heatsink, but for overclocking you're going to want something a bit more powerful. Also, 4.1ghz is below the 4.2ghz turbo frequency, so something doesn't sound right, as you should easily be able to get 4.2, and even 4.5ghz without much difficulty. Don't expect to get my results, I got a really good chip.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: I purchased the AMD FX8370 six months ago before the Wraith cooler was included, is it possible to get one now that it is included?

Thanks for the reply, I have a problem with heat so obviously I don't have a proper cooler. I will have to come up with a plan "B".

-

black_zion <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

"Re: I purchased the AMD FX8370 six months ago before the Wraith cooler was included, is it possible to get one now that it is included?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.amd.com/message/2785892#comment-2785892

>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

8350 cpu z.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

1.38v vs 1.416v

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Best thing to do is get a liquid cooler, especially if you're in a warm climate, as it'll allow you to have silence and cooling power, but if you don't mind the noise, and your case can handle it, there's the CoolerMaster 212 Evo.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Left mine on "auto"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Might try some manual adjustments, ASUS boards are pretty conservative when it comes to applying the voltage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Oh I know,Just got lazy awhile back bumped up the Multiplier,shut off all the power saving "features"and unparked all the cores,then got lazy and just left it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So what are you using for a cpu cooler if I may ask?

-

amdmatt <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

amdmatt marked black_zion's reply on I purchased the AMD FX8370 six months ago before the Wraith cooler was included, is it possible to get one now that it is included? as helpful.

>

0 Kudos