Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kwilli
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I need boot kit for Ryzen 5 2400G.

Jump to solution

Purchasing an Asus TUF B350M-Plus motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 2400G APU. However, the Mobo must have latest Bios (3803) for the cpu to work. It is impossible to update the Bios if the AMD is installed and the mobo does not have latest Bios. If I order the mobo, no one will guarantee it has the latest Bios. AMD recognise this problem and offers a boot kit. However, you need to buy the APU first!

What does the boot kit consist of, and how do I get one in UK?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I need boot kit for Ryzen 5 2400G.

Jump to solution

Hi Keith, the bootkit consists of an AMD Processor that will allow you to perform the BIOS update. You can find workarounds for this or get started on applying for the bootkit solution here: Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and A... 

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Keith, the bootkit consists of an AMD Processor that will allow you to perform the BIOS update. You can find workarounds for this or get started on applying for the bootkit solution here: Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and A... 

View solution in original post

kwilli
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Many thanks, I will follow this route.

0 Kudos
adiesheldon
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

how long did it take to get the boot kit?

i cant get a reply from them :@

ganorak
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Think I might be in the same position as yourself, have ordered motherboard but have a feeling I might require the boot kit too.

0 Kudos
kwilli
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

From the time I bought the AMD processor and emailed the serial number etc,

it took about 2 weeks.

Keith

0 Kudos
adiesheldon
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

what a joke i been all over the place today and made a few calls to see if they can help flash my mb or buy a a-series processor so i can use this paper weight i have built lol

0 Kudos
adiesheldon
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

its hard work to get a time frame out of them or to say they are sending it

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hey Adrian, it really depends. Some recipients have been able to receive their kit within a week. Have you received an email response yet after filling out the online form?

0 Kudos
adiesheldon
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

yeah "We are processing your bootkit and you will receive further updates via email as soon as they become available"

but this is a known issue and they are very slow at replying not like its that easy to get your hands on a chip to sort this out trust i been looking for one that don't cost over £50 on the net but the lead time on them is over week so i like to know what time frame they have before i pay out another £50 but i can't find a number in the uk to ring them. 

0 Kudos