cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kwilli
Journeyman III

I need boot kit for Ryzen 5 2400G.

Purchasing an Asus TUF B350M-Plus motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 2400G APU. However, the Mobo must have latest Bios (3803) for the cpu to work. It is impossible to update the Bios if the AMD is installed and the mobo does not have latest Bios. If I order the mobo, no one will guarantee it has the latest Bios. AMD recognise this problem and offers a boot kit. However, you need to buy the APU first!

What does the boot kit consist of, and how do I get one in UK?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Keith, the bootkit consists of an AMD Processor that will allow you to perform the BIOS update. You can find workarounds for this or get started on applying for the bootkit solution here: Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and A... 

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hi Keith, the bootkit consists of an AMD Processor that will allow you to perform the BIOS update. You can find workarounds for this or get started on applying for the bootkit solution here: Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and A... 

kwilli
Journeyman III

Many thanks, I will follow this route.

0 Likes
adiesheldon
Adept I

how long did it take to get the boot kit?

i cant get a reply from them :@

Think I might be in the same position as yourself, have ordered motherboard but have a feeling I might require the boot kit too.

0 Likes

its hard work to get a time frame out of them or to say they are sending it

0 Likes

From the time I bought the AMD processor and emailed the serial number etc,

it took about 2 weeks.

Keith

0 Likes

what a joke i been all over the place today and made a few calls to see if they can help flash my mb or buy a a-series processor so i can use this paper weight i have built lol

0 Likes

Hey Adrian, it really depends. Some recipients have been able to receive their kit within a week. Have you received an email response yet after filling out the online form?

0 Likes

yeah "We are processing your bootkit and you will receive further updates via email as soon as they become available"

but this is a known issue and they are very slow at replying not like its that easy to get your hands on a chip to sort this out trust i been looking for one that don't cost over £50 on the net but the lead time on them is over week so i like to know what time frame they have before i pay out another £50 but i can't find a number in the uk to ring them. 

0 Likes

Hey Adrian, if you have a service request number I can pass it along to the support team and look into the matter.

0 Likes

boot kit on way thanks for ur help

Great news, will you let us know how you get on with the build?

0 Likes

i update when i updated the BIOs fingers are crossed thats the only issue i have

well the boot kit came today and i am replying on my new pc worked first time thankfully

0 Likes

That's great news, just received my pc parts from Amazon this morning. Plan to start build on Saturday.... Hope all goes well.

0 Likes

I have the same problem with the Ryzen 3 2200G. My ticket number is 8200798162. I need the kit as soon as possible.

0 Likes

i just sent the boot kit back to them just keep a close eye on your emails takes about 24 to 48 for them to process the claim then a few days for it to come

_sirius_
Adept II

I never got my bootkit, the process to get it was so annoying, I never got to see the reply to my ticket, AND 3 weeks later , today, I got an e-mail from them saying that my ticket was answered.

Anyway: to those who buy a Ryzen 5 2400g  or 2200g , buy a motherboard from a seller that will update the bios for you. They call this doing a quickmount.  Where I've bought my motherboard in Canada ( memory express) , they did just that with a ASUS X370-A. The mobo arrived with the latest bios.  The large dealers won't do that kind of favor.  Shop wisely

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes