cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

intrigued
Journeyman III

I need a new torque wrench for my 1950x threadripper. How do I get one???

My old motherboard died after I moved to my new apartment. I can't find my torque wrench. Anyone know how I can get a new torque wrench for my 1950x Threadripper? 

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

intrigued, try this link: What Is The Required Torque For Installating A Threadripper CPU? 

Google finds many more.  You should also contact AMD Online support.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks misterj for replying. I've already done both. I'm still awaiting an answer from AMD Online.    I'm struggling to find an affordable torque wrench that can provide exactly 1.5 newton meters. Do you know of any such torque wrenches? Thanks

0 Likes

Sorry, intrigued, I do not.  Sorry I cannot help, John.

EDIT: Found this:

Harbor Freight 1/4" torque wrench $9.99

HF has cheap tools but I have found them OK but never had a torque driver.  If you have a store locally, at least you can have a look.

Amazon had a USD 22 one

0 Likes

Thanks 

0 Likes

Try opening a Online AMD WARRANTY REQUEST and see if AMD will send a replacement under Warranty or advise you the correct type of Torque wrench you need to tighten down the Ryzen without damaging it.

You can open a Warranty Request from here: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD .

It is worth a shot and only takes a few minutes to fill out.

NOTE: If AMD won't send you a replacement. You can try a regular hand torque screwdriver the same size as the torque screws. Just remember not to OVERTIGHTEN the screws or you can damage the threads. Tighten until it stops and is snug.

0 Likes

Thank You. 

I haven't tried the warranty request yet. 

I heard back from AMD via the online communication method and they were, for the most part, unhelpful. 

0 Likes

Probably because they deal mainly with Software and hardware issues. But still, I am surprised they didn't mention AMD Warranty. Could be AMD Support believes that AMD Warranty might not replace that particular tool.

I am sure that when you explain what happened to AMD Warranty they might consider sending you that tool. But it is up to them to determine that. I know that if you loose or break the Ryzen Processor orange installation frame AMD Warranty will send you another one. But then again those probably cost pennies to them whereas the Tool might cost much more.

Like I mentioned you have nothing to lose. Also AMD Warranty might guide you on how to replace the Torque tool if they won't replace it.

Good Luck!

0 Likes