cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dinco
Journeyman III

I'm afraid my Ryzen is Dead or it will burn my motherboard

hello, this december 22 I bought all the components for my pc with ryzen 7 5700g

My father said that he would assemble it but he called me saying that he did not give video.

When checking the computer, the RGB of the RAM turned on, the fans began to rotate and the RGB and the AMD Cooler also.

but I noticed that he had connected the fans to the molex and the motherboard at the same time, I immediately turned off the computer and disconnected all the components from the motherboard.

Then we assembled it correctly but the board did not turn on the fan lights when it was only connected to the board and it still did not give video.

Finally the motherboard died. but we tested all the components on another board with a different socket and all the components such as RAM, fans, heatsink, power supply and hard drives work without any problem.

We already ordered a new motherboard but we are worried if the Processor is dead or could damage the new motherboard since we have nowhere to test it.

The processor (Ryzen 7 5700g) when removing it right after that did not smell burnt and the pins dont look damaged or different color.

Could it be that my motherboard protected the processor and iit don't even boot or should I worry for damage when i will connect to the new mother?

0 Likes
0 Replies