cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

i have phenom II x6 1090t and i have a problem . the cpu overheats without any extra load or overclocking and i dont know why

just after my pc boots thes are cpu temprature readings

Temperatures:
CPU 51 °C (124 °F)
CPU Diode 46 °C (114 °F)
GPU Diode (DispIO) 40 °C (104 °F)
GPU Diode (MemIO) 49 °C (120 °F)
GPU Diode (Shader) 48 °C (118 °F)

and after 12 minutes of internet browsing and downloading files only it got to this

Temperatures:
CPU 71 °C (160 °F)
CPU Diode 62 °C (144 °F)
GPU Diode (DispIO) 46 °C (114 °F)
GPU Diode (MemIO) 55 °C (131 °F)
GPU Diode (Shader) 53 °C (127 °F)

this overheating is happining for about a week a go and i dont know why and the fan speed is varying from 3000-5000 something according to temprature

please help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: i have phenom II x6 1090t and i have a problem . the cpu overheats without any extra load or overclocking and i dont know why

When was the last time you cleaned all the dust out, and replaced the TIM?

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: i have phenom II x6 1090t and i have a problem . the cpu overheats without any extra load or overclocking and i dont know why

what type of heatsink do you use, my processor has good thermal paste and an update of the bios can solve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

One of my friend also faced the same problem .Yon mentioned  that there is no overloading then also you need to go to the startup tabs and make sure that no programs are in running.Sometimes it happens when we concentrate in one process we may get forget about all others.Hence due to running of the unwanted process the cpu may get heated .You need to clean the dirts clogged in cpu sometimes it may the reason for overheating .

0 Kudos