cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thebob
Journeyman III

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 AF with a AsRock Steel Legend b450 no post, no beeps and no fans.

I also have a 5500XT for the gpu. I am assuming it needs a bios update. I seen a video on YouTube where a guy had the same problems, he took a different AMD cpu and upgraded the bios, then the 1600 AF would post. Is that the only fix for this, I have returned the mobo and psu, new ones gave same results. I have built many gaming systems with no problems. The only other thing it could be is the I/O on the case. When I give it power all lights come on and no fans, cannot use reset button or the power button.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Looks like your motherboard or your processor may be faulty. No way to tell without swapping parts.

I assume the PSU is adequate in capacity

0 Likes
thebob
Journeyman III

Sorry it took so long to get back but yes, Raidmax scorpio 650 watt psu. And AMD and AsRock have both said it will work and needs no bios update. But I have 2 builds same parts both doing the same thing. I have a friend with a 1500x, can possibly borrow to check and see it it will boot. I will try that and get back.

0 Likes

I went to ASRock Support site for your Motherboad CPU Support list. It shows the Ryzen 5-1600/2600 being supported by all the BIOS versions: ASRock > B450 Steel Legend 

Okay I inputted your Ryzen 5-1600AF and found that ASRock only has three motherboards that support that processor and none is the one you have: ASRock > CPU Support List 

That could explain why both processors don't boot up. The Motherboard BIOS doesn't recognize it.

I suggest you exchange your Processor for a different one or return both of your motherboards and replaced them with one of the 3 ASRock recommends.

0 Likes