cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

buffie
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have a Ryzen 1800X and I can not install Microsoft Shared Management Objects. Any way around this? TIA Win 10 Pro

Use this software in Visual Studio 2017 and can not continue without SMO. Any solution?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: I have a Ryzen 1800X and I can not install Microsoft Shared Management Objects. Any way around this? TIA Win 10 Pro

have you installed all of the components for Visual Studio, I use it fine with in my shop with no need for the management objects

0 Kudos
buffie
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: I have a Ryzen 1800X and I can not install Microsoft Shared Management Objects. Any way around this? TIA Win 10 Pro

I use Visual Studio 2017 with no problems UNTIL I need the Shared Management Objects and then when I try to install then I get a message saying Can Not Install....

So, I agree that VS works fine to a Point....

Buffie

-

"hardcoregames™" <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

"Re: I have a Ryzen 1800X and I can not install Microsoft Shared Management Objects. Any way around this? TIA Win 10 Pro"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.amd.com/message/2823168#comment-2823168

>

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

What kind of project are attempting to build, SMO is database driven and uses Microsoft rather expensive SQL Server

I use Linux and MySQL as a cloud appliance for web sites galore

0 Kudos
buffie
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I use SQl Express and some of my modules need SMO.

Buffie

-

"Re: I have a Ryzen 1800X and I can not install Microsoft Shared Management Objects. Any way around this? TIA Win 10 Pro"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.amd.com/message/2823205#comment-2823205

>

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

SQL Express is workable until you outstrip its limitations which most will never reach.

Only reason I use MySQL is that only limitations are hardware based

0 Kudos
buffie
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

SQL Express works great but if I can not get the SMO to work I am up the creek...

Buffie

-

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.amd.com/message/2823381#comment-2823381

>

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

I have not seen many issues with SMO

Try a VM with Hyper-V and a clean install of Windows and Visual Studio and see if that works better

0 Kudos
buffie
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have been dealing with Hurricane Irma issues but was spared any real damage.

Is there a way to let the Chip Makers know about this issue to see if they have any kind of solution?

I really don"t want to deal with Virtual Machines if I don"t have to.

Buffie

-

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.amd.com/message/2823383#comment-2823383

>

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

I use virtual machines to sandbox development. I also use separate ones for each version of Visual Studio.

0 Kudos