cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

buffon1
Journeyman III

I have a Reizen 7 processor, but there is a problem with the speed of the core, as it works at a frequency of 2199, then it suddenly goes up to a frequency of 4300 and works all the time in this way, which causes the temperature to rise and fall frequent

I have a Reizen 7 processor, but there is a problem with the speed of the core, as it works at a frequency of 2199, then it suddenly goes up to a frequency of 4300 and works all the time in this way, which causes the temperature to rise and fall frequently and at all times

0 Likes
8 Replies

What is your Windows Power Plan set to as if it is on Power Save then it will run at 2200 MHZ and rise up sharply if it is under load in games etc?

Andy

IMG_20200212_172525.jpgYou can see the chosen power plan.
I have installed the nzxt kraken x62 water cooler but there is no noticeable development of heat. The heat remained the same.
My friend has the same processor but without water cooling and the heat has better than I have

0 Likes

No answer ??

0 Likes
ledhed
Adept II

I did some thorough testing of the behavior of clock speeds vs. power plans, and BIOS settings (in the last two screenshots) in this thread below. It might be worth trying some of the tweaks I showed:

https://community.amd.com/message/2956669?commentID=2956669#comment-2956669 

In the end, that is expected behavior. What is more annoying is if your cores aren't all reaching up towards 4.2-4.3 GHz. 

Also, only trust Ryzen Master when it comes to clock speeds, almost no other software seems to get it right.

Good luck!

0 Likes
buffon1
Journeyman III

IMG_20200213_154339.jpg

0 Likes
ledhed
Adept II

Wait a minute, are you saying the CPU is only working at one of two speeds? 2.1 GHz or 4.2 GHz? 

If so, try disabling PBO in your BIOS and thus this forces Precision Boost 2.0. It's another method of calculating boost clocks and maybe it will work properly for you? 

When installing the processor at a speed of 3700 GHZ I suffer from a problem in the heat that may reach about 60 and the processor works at a speed of 2000 and may reach 3700 at times ... But what is the PBO ??

0 Likes
ledhed
Adept II

60C should be alright, is that during a load or at idle?

PBO is Precision Boost Overdrive and it's usually located in your motherboard's OCing options (in the BIOS), or it's a totally stand alone tab, such as with my ASUS X570-E. 

Here is a screenshot of what the PBO options look like in my ASUS X570-E BIOS. Perhaps you could do some searches for screenshots of your BIOS, for your specific motherboard model.

15817854082210.jpg

Ignore my settings, I was still playing around with stuff. That is why you see PBO disabled, but then the PBO scalar set to manual, haha. 

I just recommend disabling PBO when you find it, don't worry about the rest of the options. Disabling it, will enable Precision Boost 2.0  If this doesn't help anything, then just revert back to PBO enabled. You aren't going to hurt anything by trying the alternative boosting algorithm/system. 

You can read more about Precision Boost 2.0 and PBO at these two links:

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/11/27/asdasd 

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2018/08/13/understanding-precision-boost-overdrive-i... 

There is also a great video here:

0 Likes