cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

laptopdr
Journeyman III

I got new AMD RYZEN 3 1200 but it doesn't work. There's no display and it beeps on startup. Tried it with two new motherboards Asus and ASRock AB350 and with two 2x8Gb DDR4 2400 memory sticks. Am I doing something wrong or is the new Ryzen CPU defective?

I got new AMD RYZEN 3 1200 but it doesn't work. There's no display and it beeps on startup. Tried it with two new motherboards Asus and ASRock AB350 and with two 2x8Gb DDR4 2400 memory sticks. Am I doing something wrong or is the new Ryzen CPU defective?

0 Likes
4 Replies

FIrst you need to be sure your (Asus or ASRock) Motherboard has the correct BIOS installed for your Ryzen 3 1600. Need go to the Motherboard's Support site and check the CPU Compatibility which shows the minimum BIOS version needed for your cpu.

Second: what is the BEEP Sequence on the Motherboard. Please indicate MAKE AND MODEL of motherboard to find out what the BEEP Sequence indicates.

Third; Is there a CPU LED light lit up on the motherboard when you power up the computer. If the CPU LED Light is let, that indicates a problem with the CPU or if any other type of Troubleshooting LED is lit.

Fourth: is the CPU installed correctly and not damaged (Bent pins) and is the CPU Cooler properly installed to prevent the CPU from overheating as soon as you turn on the computer.

0 Likes
arcticwind
Forerunner

The Ryzen 3 1200 processor is a CPU not an APU, it does not have integrated graphics.

You need a separate dedicated GPU to get a video signal if you use that processor.

0 Likes

The Asus board is Prime X370-A. I thought that motherboards came with graphics processors in them. At least they used to. I mean the thing has 3 video outputs so I thought the board has video. But if not, what kind of video card do I need, and will it output through the board's video outputs or through its own? Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes

The motherboard supports video output if you use an APU processor (A series processors).

When you use a CPU processor you will need to use a separate video card and the video output will be through the video card not the motherboard.

As far as what video card you need is totally up to you, your budget and the level of quality you desire.

I think a RX 550 or RX 560 should be good for a build like this...