cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ru5h1l
Journeyman III

I can't run my memory kit at the listed speed on my 2700x

I tried the xmp and DOCP profiles and the system won't post, or it runs at 2133mhz, and I can't get it past 2133mhz. I have a ryzen 7 2700x, G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32gb ddr4 3600, rog x470 crosshair board, 750w gold psu

0 Likes
9 Replies

Is your exact memory model on your motherboard's QVL list and rated to run at 3600mhz?

0 Likes

My memory kit is on my motherboard’s Qvl list and is rated to 3600mhz.

Sent from someone

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

ru5h1l, DOCP does not have a good reputation.  If your BIOS offers XMP for 3600 MHz use that, if not talk to ASUS.  Also try uninstalling ALL ASUS software on your system.  Make sure you are running the latest BIOS and chip set drivers from here.  Good luck, John.

0 Likes

I used this processor on two motherboards including a gigabyte motherboard

and had the same issue. I have tried xmp on my old gigabyte motherboard,

and my current asus motherboard does not offer it. Also I tried the DOCP

profile before I installed any asus software on my computer.

0 Likes

ru5h1l, please talk to ASUS.  You have 32GB, meaning four Sticks (right?), meaning dual rank which means double load on the memory bus which slows it down.  Ask ASUS if they support 3600MHz with four sticks.  Please try only two sticks and see if you can run 3600MHz.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I only have two sticks of ram 2x16. And this same problem occurred on another motherboard.

Sent from someone

0 Likes

Thanks, ru5h1l.  Please DL and run Thaiphoon Burner (free) and post a screenshot.  Also post a screenshot of Ryzen Master.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: What slots are your sticks using?

0 Likes

I tried installing Taiphoon Burner, but it won't open. I tried running

Thaiphoon.exe as administrator, but it won't open.

0 Likes

ru5h1l, Thaiphoon Burner is a PE and does not install.  Perhaps you have a bad DL, please try again.  It works fine for me:

pastedImage_1.jpg

Double click the .exe then click Read, select a memory stick.  Thanks for the RM screenshot.  You can simply drag-n-drop images into your replies.  The fact that VDDIO is zero tells me that some changes have been made in BIOS interfering with RM.  Somebody (you?) or something is messing around in your BIOS.  I suspect ASUS, uninstall their OC application and do a Clear CMOS.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes