cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bitpix3l
Journeyman III

I built 4 identical PCs with Ryzen 7 2700 CPUs, but one will not post with 2 sticks of RAM

I built four new office PCs for my work(graphics work, which is why they are a bit more beefy than standard office PCs), and three of them are working perfectly. These are M-ATX mobos with only 2 RAM slots. However, one just will not boot when I install 2 sticks of ram. It works totally fine with 1 stick installed, but won't even get past BIOS when i install a second stick. 

I thought maybe it was a compatibility issue, but again I built four identical PCs, and only the one is having trouble. The other three are working, and are awesome! Really loving this Ryzen CPU. It is already proving to be a work horse.

I thought maybe it was a bad Dimm slot, so I returned the MOBO and installed a replacement today. Same issue. 

I also tested both sticks of RAM by themselves, and both work fine when 1 stick is installed. Also, doesn't seem to matter if it is in Dimm 1 or 2, it just doesn't like the second stick.

Specs are:

Mobo: MSI A320M Pro-M2 V2

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700

RAM: Ballistix Tracer DDR4 3200(8gb x2)

PSU: EVGA 500w 80 plus

SSD: Samsung EVO 860 250gb

GPU: Radeon HD 5450 2GB

Since I have troubleshot everything else, my gut is saying this CPU may be having issues. Does anyone have any ideas? I've been fighting this thing for a week now, and its driving me nuts. 

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Have you tried using an alternative second stick of RAM as it might be a faulty one that it causing it not to boot.

Also do you get any beep codes from the PC's internal speaker when it doesn't boot as these are very useful for diagnostics?

Andy

0 Likes