cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

geoslay
Adept I

I bought a ryzen 9 3950x and when i open the package and it has already bent pins

I bought 3950x and when i open the packege it has already bent pins,3 or 4. I dont have motherboard at this time to install it, i just open the package to inspect the product and saw the bend pins. I have send it back to the store i bought it and the tell me that have send mail to AMD to ask replace. Is it truth? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

They called me from the shop and they told me that will replace it. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
gnoll
Adept II

Depending on where you are the law will be different, so I can only speak about UK.

In UK you have a 14 days period in which you can send back the item unless you used it, and normally you have around 30 days to have the item replaced as "dead on arrival".

In your case, it's damaged on arrival so you should have 30 days from the purchase to send it back to the seller.

If I were you I would insist with the seller, AMD will almost surely not replace the CPU if it has bent pins.

I bought it yesterday and the same day I took it back, told them the issue and that I have 14 days of DOA. I'm from Greece.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

AMD does not give warranty a processor with bent pins. If the pins are not broken, take them to a good electronics master and fix them. If the pins are broken, if the broken pins are not missing, a good electronics master can repair your processor's broken pins.

0 Likes

They called me from the shop and they told me that will replace it. 

AMD do not produce pins damaged. It is best to use your rights, but I wrote what happened to me.

0 Likes

I agree, If the CPU had bent pins it would not pass the quality check.

Usually what happens is that either the packaging is mistreated during delivery, or more likely, the CPU is returned by another customer and is not thoroughly checked. This mostly happens on Amazon and big retailers.

0 Likes

I am of the same opinion as you. The store could take care of this problem. 

These days I pretty much record my box openings with a phone to prove how they came in. This has been very helpful several times now where the product packaging is fine. No damage at all but the product is damaged. So obviously someone at the factory knows they damaged it but boxed it up anyway. Likely in fear of losing their job in these sweat shops that produce most our electronics. 

0 Likes