cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

leroipoutrage
Journeyman III

I bought a Ryzen 5 2600x with an Asus prime b450-plus and with a water cooling corsair H110i. My processor and constantly has 80 degrees and does not drop. Could you help me? Should I change it?

Is my processor a manufacturing problem? and what should I send it back to replace it?

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

leroipoutrage, please install Ryzen Master (RM) and post a screenshot.  It is the only CPU temperature report that should be trusted.  All others are suspect.  If your temperature is a constant 80, there could be a cooler problem, probably not a processor problem.  Please tell us the RPM of your pump and CPU fans.  The limit for your processor is 95 C:

2600X.jpg

Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hello, I have tried to install the Ryzen Master (RM) software twice and can not open it, a small window opens and closes directly as on the entire screenshot. So I made a screenshot on the Speecy software to show you the temperature. I dare not go further for fear of damaging other components.Capture.PNGAnnotation 2018-12-04 171318.jpg

Re: I bought a   Ryzen 5 2600x with an Asus prime b450-plus and with a water cooling corsair   H110i. My processor and constantly has 80 degrees and does not drop. Could   you help me? Should I change it?

in Processors

leroipoutrage, please   install Ryzen Master (RM) and post a screenshot.  It is the only CPU   temperature report that should be trusted.  All others are   suspect.  If your temperature is a constant 80, there could be a   problem.  Please tell us the RPM of your pump and CPU fans.  The   limit for your processor is 95 C:

2600X.jpg

Thanks and enjoy, john.

Reply   to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the   message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other   developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you   are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct   by:

1. Go to       the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).
  2. Click       on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.
  3. Pat       yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as       you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by   Community because you are a registered user.
   You may unsubscribe   instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email   preferences

0 Likes
mack0y
Elite

If I were you, I would unmount the cooler and check if there was contact between the cooler and the heatspreader.  If the thermal paste looks untouched, then it wasn't mounted properly.  From that screenshot, the current temp is 30C which is fine.  And if it reaches 80C quickly under a slight load, it might be the case.