cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

iliketurtles
Journeyman III

I am not able too boot PC, Ryzen CPU not compatible with curent MOBO BIOS and a really mad DAD

Hi! I made a big mistake when I bought a MSI B350 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 5 2600X. I am 15 years old and I am from Romania. I had a very difficult exam and my dad bought me this computer to make me happy for hard work I made. Now my dad is extremly bad at me because we can not update the BIOS from the motherboard. We tried to return the motherboard but they wouldn't take it, I asked for BIOS update but they said that they don't do things like that. I searched for PC services around the city but no-one could update my BIOS. There was a guy that said he could remove the replace the BIOS CHIP but I could lose warranty so I didn't accept.

I made a request for a "Boot Kit" and I've send images and purchase documents to AMD but they didn't respond. My dad would take my computer and sell it to someone else.. Please AMD help me.

The service request number is: 8200820909

"

Dear Customer,

Your Service Request has been received and will be processed shortly.

"

I don't know how short would it take. I'm just wondering that you didn't receive my request.

Thank you AMD..

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi,

I get your frustration but these are USER TO USER forums not AMD employees answering you here. I will do what I can to help and that is 2 fold. I will give you the link to open a support ticket and I will mention the name of a an AMD employee that is a moderator here that with your service number may be able to help you but I can't promise that. I am a user just like you.

That support link: Email Form

Matt amdmatt​ is there anything you could do to help look into this young mans request please?

Good luck, I hope once you get past the hassle it will have been worth the wait. Hang in there!

waltc
Miniboss

On the MSI forums here: MSI Global English Forum - Index  there are numerous posts by people with your motherboard who have been able to flash the bios without a problem.  You can flash the bios yourself, btw--sounds like the computer store where you bought your stuff doesn't haven't a clue.  Finding a store that knows what it's doing is very important for you...;)   Your problem could be corrected in under five minutes by a competent shop.  Caveat Emptor.   AMD can send you a boot kit--but whoever told you your motherboard bios could not be updated is completely wrong--and simply finding a local computer shop where you live that knows what it is doing will get you up and running much faster.

0 Likes