cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

I am building New PC with Athlon 3000G , Suitable NVMe SSD

I am building New PC with Athlon 3000G , Asus PRIME-A320M-K-CSM AMD Motherboard, G.skill Ripjaws V 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz Desktop RAM (F4-2666C19S-8GVR). Can anyone suggest NVMe SSD will work in this configuration, suggest the technical details to make my purchase.

0 Likes
6 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

AMD Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ 7th Generation A-Series/ Athlon™ X4 Processors :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA mode)

So you are limited to SATA mode m.2 SSD's with that processor.

Something like 

Western Digital WDS500G2B0B WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA

Just do a search for SATA m.2 on your favorite site and pick something of a suitable size

Your motherboard does support the newer PCIe 3 drives but not with the athlon processor.

The type numbers are sizes first 2 number are the size of the M.2 socket so 22mm

The rest of the numbers are the length, your motherboard has screwhole fittings for drives of length 42mm, 60mm and 80mm.

Hi! Thanks for the Reply.

In that Case if Change my Processor to Ryzen 3 3200G, will it Support 

Western Digital Blue SN550 500GB NVMe M.2 Internal Solid State Drive (WDS500G2B0C)

0 Likes

Yes you can use that M.2 drive if you upgraded to the 3200G.

You get the speed advantage from the m.2 drive and have a much better processor to boot, seems like a worth while upgrade to me.

Thank you very much

0 Likes

Then I can use any Sata M.2 SSD with an Athlon 3000G if the motherboard supports it? Thank you

0 Likes

This is a very out-dated Asus Support QVL list for devices (2017) for your motherboard but you can get an idea of which type of SSD/HDDs it supports: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-K/PRIME_A320M-K_Devices_report.pdf

Your WD SSD is not listed since it probably is newer than 2017.

0 Likes