cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

deepeasttxag
Adept I

HWInfo64 vs Ryzen Master CPU Temps

First time poster here. I recently completed a Ryzen build using the R7 1700, and I am using the stock Wraith Spire cooler. This build was my first to complete entirely on my own. Shortly after finishing it, I installed Ryzen Master. I quickly became worried because Ryzen Master was reading my temps at about 45 idle, and kept putting significant loads on my cores (like 30-50% on a few). The temps would occasionally spike into the low 50 range. This was the only application I had open at the time. I wanted a second reading, so I downloaded HWInfo64. It showed my idle temps at 30-32 and 50-55 while playing games. This slightly reassured me, but which reading should I trust? Thank you.

8 Replies

Re: HWInfo64 vs Ryzen Master CPU Temps

Ryzen Master displays the accurate temps.

0 Kudos
deepeasttxag
Adept I

But could the graphing of the core loads actually put a load on the processor? Because while running Ryzen Master some of the cores had significant loads, but in HWInfo64, the loads were negligible?

Yup, your CPU is always jumping around. Sitting with nothing but AIDA64 open it can go from

one second to

the next depending on as little as just the mouse moving.

gupsterg
Adept III

Use HWINFO64, Ryzen Master sucks as an app IMO.

SLoVeN
Adept I

i could be  ( and prob am xD lol) Wrong here but i always had come to believed  that the load spread is why they 'lock up' the processors at like half the power of the SINGLE core model results. im just guessing here and kinda more so asking.... any chance we could say that its trying to allocate needed power draws across the many cores and threads that can bottle neck things if those RAM Hungary overload loving AMD beasts. seems like the more they get throw at them and are able to fill processes les sporadically then as if its trying to spread a simple window drag or mouse click in (basically waves tpreading out as much as it can but we all know amd loves to be pushed and the more it can be usualy the better it runs. this is jsut what i have come to learn and believe. as i said just a thought but in the good chance im wayy off lol ... if anyone can throw aany clarifications this way : on anything, corrections or just stupid commnts /and/or completely wrong misunderstandings i might have. i would love to learn some thin new and also learn why i could be wrong and understand y and how to fix my tech section of the brain archival holdings.     ❤️

0 Kudos
SLoVeN
Adept I

have you tried setting a limit for rpm speeds in the bios prior to startup and running of either of the two performance monitors ? not the most idelal situation but maybe you can balance and off set them by using the limit options of both ends untill its level loads or resolved in some way ❤️

0 Kudos
SLoVeN
Adept I

i would bet on your speculation that being bettting on your theory is at THE leasttt 94.736543% true.  if not it definitely make a lot of logical sense and still can make you wonder  a bit. would love some tech wizard to pop in and answer this one like we are at a TED talk or somthing lmfaoo. really this one has me pretty curious and mind wondering.   i appreciate the deep and real current issues and that you have pushed the issue. hoping to follow this thread for a little and learn some new stufffsss ...                       GGs           n thanks 😛                                    ❤️ SLoVeN

0 Kudos
SLoVeN
Adept I

0 Kudos