Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

misheldedi
Journeyman III

HP Pavilion g6-2250ej - legacy black screen and AMD drivers on Windows 10

Product: HP Pavilion G6-2250ej
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Hello everyone! 

First of all I want to thank anyone in advance who is willing to help me in this great forum!

(sorry about my bad English)

i have 2 problems in my laptop. HP Pavilion g6 2250ej. (------>> AMD a6 4400m apu hd readon<<-------)

( i had windows 10 x 64 on legacy mode in the bios, the legacy and uefi were on)

and everything was great until on day that i played a game,and my laptop froze and nothing worked, i just saw the picture of the game on my screen so I turned off the laptop and tried to turn it on again and nothing happened.

so I took the main battery out and the bios battery out to reset the bios hopefully that it will fix the problem.

now it fixed the problem but now every time I turn legacy mode on and exiting bios, my laptop just showing me a black screen. the fan is working but the light of the wifi isnt white now its orange. 

so again I took the main battery out and the bios battery out to reset the bios and installed windows 10 x64 on uefi mode in the bios. everything is working great except from the AMD readon drivers. i cant install them. when i install them, the screen is black and the laptop restart itself and its not installing.

in the device manager im getting:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.

and sometimes its code 43 stop working because of a problem and its always change between them.

problem 1:

why cant I install AMD drives? its because its working on uefi mode? Im very frustrated because I tried everything to install it, manually too.

problem 2: 

why cant i turn legacy mode on in the bios? its not that important because i just need a windows i dont really care if its on legacy or uefi, but when it was on legacy i didnt have any problem on AMD drivers at all.

can someone help?

thank you 

Mishel Dedi.

0 Likes
0 Replies