cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joselbrear
Adept II

How to set the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X to work at 3.8Ghz?

I bought the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X it works at 3.4 Ghz at base clock.

My question is: How do I set the processor to work at Boost clock: 3.8Ghz?

I also bought an MSI Gaming B450 Gaming PRO Carbon AC.

Everything is working properly. But I would like to know how does the Boost clock at 3.8 Ghz works. I really has never seen the processor working at the speed.

Do I have to overclock it in the BIOS?, or does this processor work like competition Turbo Boost?

I also know that if I want to overclock the CPU, first I have to connect an addition Processor power from the Power supply. I really have a power supply capable with this power adapter. Though it is not connected yet. My computer works fine. I said all this, just to let you know I am aware of that.

Again, please help me how to I do set the CPU to run at 3.8 Ghz instead of running at 3.4 Ghz. I mean, to just leave the CPU constantly working at 3.8 Ghz.

Please help me out?

0 Likes
10 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

joselbrear, AMD has designed a system to do what is needed for the user.  You can bypass some aspects but not all.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image to your reply.  I am not an OCer but hopefully can help you see around AMD and RM.  Please also post you specifications - I'm not inclined to read your MB manual.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

If your motherboard supports P-state overclocking, just set the value of P0 to 3.8ghz and whatever voltage it takes to make it stable.

0 Likes
joselbrear
Adept II

One question.

I know the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X goes to 3.4 Ghz (Base clock) but it also says 3.8 Ghz precision boost. How and when does the precision boot (3.8 Ghz) works on this processor?

Please explain me this.

Because the competition processor has Turbo Boost automatically. Does AMD Ryzen processors have the Precision boost automatically activated?

Also I want to know the difference between Precision boost and OC on AMD Ryzen processors.

Please help me out!!!

0 Likes
joselbrear
Adept II

Would you please tell me the maximum supported speed for the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X processor?

I also want to know the maximum multiplier specs in the BIOS.
Please Help me out.
0 Likes
joselbrear
Adept II

How do I see in action de 3.8 Ghz on a AMD Ryzen 7 1700X? The thing is that, with the competition processor and can see it with the Turbo Boost 2.0 application.... But I can not see it with my AMD Ryzen 7 1700X. Please help me out...

0 Likes
joselbrear
Adept II

Is the AMD Boost automatically applied to the processor like the competition.....? Please help.

0 Likes
softprogram
Adept I

How do I set the processor to work at Boost clock: 3.8Ghz? 

I also bought an MSI Gaming B450 Gaming PRO Carbon AC.

Answer : 

MSI Gaming B450 Gaming PRO Carbon AC supports at maximum i7 .  So , you will not upgrade your cpu later .

And FSB : 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667Mhz (by JEDEC)
2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466 MHz (by A-XMP OC MODE)

you do the following in order to make cpu at 3.8 Ghz  :

1) in Cmos ,  increase clock to the maximum value that your pc can boot , you can see the bios setup program to count the ram . When you  clock that your pc can not boot up again . Remember that before value and then reset cmos by remove cmos battery ( that is the easiest way ) .

2) When the clock is big as above  now  , change the voltage of cpu to the value like in cmos above until can not boot up . So remember that value before that .  You can use software for easier than use cmos ! .

3) Now change FSB in order to make your system work well with your oc cpu now . 

Because 3.8 is the highest frequency that the producer annouced , you must have very good cooling system for it . Let buy a good water cooling system with TDP 95 or over .    You must notice the stability of your pc .

Consult the 6 degrees of the cpu in this video 

Make cool the cpu temperature is now 6 degrees centigrade - YouTube  

A oc case for E3400 2600 Mhz to 3120 Mhz with a zero degree cooling system . This is showed in below video . Consult  this test if you want . This uses Makecool Expert 61W at zero degree C .

expert makecool debian 64bits overclocking E3400 - YouTube  

And it can run fulload 100% and there is no lag state when open google chrome to view video . This is the stability , the result of your oc ! .

expert makecool debian 64bits overclocking E3400 and extend the limit of cpu performance . - YouTube  

For the requirement of the forum , i can not give the link outside . So i give you the clue for your search . By this way , moderator is happy and approve my answer . Thank you moderator . This is the time that i will not do it again in the answer ! .

0 Likes

This is an AMD user forum.  Why are you posting i7 content here??????????????????????  Enjoy, John.

softprogram
Adept I

Sorry misterj , Ryzen 7 not i7 . I type wrongly . I am very sorry about that and more over , I make you upset . I will remember and be careful about my reply . Thank you .

0 Likes

No problem, softprogram, no harm.  I did get a note from a moderator that your post (and looks like mine) were removed.  So, that is where they went, certainly not removed by me - I have no such power.  You did not upset me, just thought you had posted in the wrong Forum.    Enjoy, John.

0 Likes