Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Daz555
Journeyman III

How to reset Ryzen Master to defaults?

Hi,

I was trying some overclocks in Ryzen Master and unfortunately set something that causes a hard crash whenever Ryzen Master loads. I have uninstalled Ryzen Master, cleared CMOS etc and reinstalled Ryzen Master but it still "remembers" the same configuration that causes my system to crash when it loads.

Can I have instructions on how to remove the Ryzen Master config completely so that I can use the software again?

0 Likes
8 Replies

Here is my Ryzen Master for my 3700X processor:

Screenshot 2021-02-21 213911.png

0 Likes

Not sure how that relates to my problem.

0 Likes

Didn't you ask how to reset Ryzen Master back to defaults?

You click on the "reset" button to put any changes you made in Ryzen Master.

0 Likes

I can't open Ryzen Master. It causes a hard crash of my PC each time it starts to load as it starts up attempting to apply a failed overclock.

0 Likes

download Troubleshooter MS Installer/Uninstaller and use it to uninstall and install Ryzen Master. It will eliminate all traces from the Registry and other files not deleted.

Does the computer crash even in Safe Mode with Ryzen Master installed?

0 Likes

Might be easier: Clean & speed up your slow PC | CCleaner Official Website 

Get the free version, go to tools, "uninstall" (top selection), find Ryzen Master, uninstall. Open the "registry" area and run that, you can save a copy if you want when it's done finding all the junk, then click "fix" and that's it. Right click the icon to exit completely.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
madbr3ad
Journeyman III

I think now you don’t need it anymore, but for the same searchers like me, I just set the default settings in the BIOS manually, after which everything worked. If it just didn’t help through the BIOS, try using ccleaner first, as the person above wrote

0 Likes
steventhegeek
Journeyman III

for others reading this, simply rename the file "c:\program files\amd\RyzenMaster\bin\configRM.json"  to something else and voila, it will be as if you clean installed it as far as profiles go.