cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lihuayang
Journeyman III

How to connect the two G-sensor INT PIN?

About Dali APU SFH, how to connect the two G-sensor INT  PIN? Agpio39 is for EC Disable/Enable/KB and TP, Agpio41 for INT. Can the 2 INT  connect in the same AGPIO41?  Or has other GPIO can be use?

0 Likes
7 Replies

you are either an engineer or developer.

Where is the new AMD DALI APU installed on?  A Motherboard or Arduino type board?

Try posting your question at AMD Devgurus which deals with developers and AMD Technology: Devgurus 

I suggest you open an Online AMD Service Request if no one else answers your question: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

AFAIK the Dali will be socket AM4 so it will work fine on any conventional motherboard.

No need to mess with the reference design, Dali is an entry level APU to flesh out the Zen 2 lineup

0 Likes

True but the OP mentioned about connecting G-Sensors to INT PIN. From what I found out this is used in Arduino type setup.

0 Likes

The OP is not going to be able to do that. The signalling on the low cost hobby board would need so much change to make it compatible as to be prohibitive.

Designing even an old style ATA card was hard, moving to PCI was more difficult and PCI Express even more so.

So sending a signal to the CPU may work but unless the voltages and current limiting are set properly it is very risky.

0 Likes

is that possible with a regular Motherboard?

Can you answer the OP original post concerning connecting the G sensors to the INT PIN?

You seem to know what he is talking about.

Do you what he is talking about when he mentioned "Agpio39 is for EC Disable/Enable/KB and TP, Agpio41 for INT. Can the 2 INT  connect in the same AGPIO41?  Or has other GPIO can be use?"

0 Likes

first off the AM4 processors do not use signalling like that.

Instead the INT is only an interrupt signal typically used by devices to call a handler. So some driver code is needed, the CPU also expects some other signals from the bus to determine the type of call etc.

The OP is far better off using USB which is far easier to work with. Direct signals to the CPU are used by the network and slots mostly.

In short we are now becoming far more technical than probably most of the staff at AMD can easily answer.

Here is some example material for Agpio39.  https://fccid.io/ZF3-LTL-5210MM/Schematics/Schematic-1454470 

0 Likes

Let see if the OP answers your last reply.

I answered his post only because I was fairly certain no one else would by the type of question he posted. Which is why I directed him to post his question at DevGurus AMD Forum.

As you mentioned it is quite technical in nature. Something way beyond my technical training. I have a vague idea of what he is asking, by very vague.

0 Likes