cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

crash_ice
Journeyman III

How to check PCIE Lanes from CPU

Is there any way to check if pcie Lanes from CPU Work ?

Software or something else ?

0 Likes
13 Replies

Go to your motherboard Specs or Motherboard Manual and see what it says which PCIe lanes from from the CPU and which are from the Chipset Drivers.

In my opinion, if your CPU PCIe lanes are not working than you either have a defective Motherboard or CPU.

qbtheslayer
Challenger

What is your mother board and which slot do you have your GPU installed on?  Do you have anything else installed in a PCI-e slot?

QB

0 Likes

Asus Crosshair VIII Hero non Wifi.

The only card connected is 5700XT .

0 Likes

So happens I purchased the Asus Crosshair VIII Hero wifi version and it was DOA. Very new Motherboard. Then Amazon sends me the same model Replacement from April 2019. Returned it for a refund since I have no idea if it was used or Refurbished plus the Retail box wasn't sealed with the clear circular tape and the very old BIOS version was incompatible with my Ryzen.

So now I planning on purchasing the same Motherboard but without WiFi like yours which is why I mentioned all of the above.

How has your Asus motherboard been working since you installed it?  How long ago?

Asking to find out if my case was just a fluke from Asus or not.

0 Likes

Hello.

The Board is very nice and full of stuff.

I got a very nice service from asus but after 3 MB the problem are not the MB 

but the CPU i am pretty sure.

I like asus brand they made very good computer parts.

0 Likes

I agree with your assessment of Asus products. This would be my fourth Asus Motherboard. They all have worked great for many years.

Asus is generally more expensive but that is because they use higher quality parts.

Thanks for the positive report. I am discouraged by my experience with Amazon and Asus.

NOTE: If you believe the AMD Ryzen might be defective and is not covered by the Retailer's Warranty and is an Official AMD Retail box you can open a AMD Warranty Request and see if they believe you need to RMA your processor or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form .

AMD has a Three years Warranty on a Retail Box AMD Processor once the Retailer/Vendor's Warranty expires.

0 Likes
qbtheslayer
Challenger

How about taking a picture of the inside of your case so we can see how you have things laid out

QB

0 Likes

IMG_0221.jpgIMG_0221.jpg

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

HwInfo64 can show you the bus configuration for the PCIe lanes.

Do you have a M.2 drive in the lower slot?

0 Likes

i check in HwInfo64 but is a little bit complcated to determine .

i really don't know.

Yes a Got 2 M.2 Drive but when i removed them in the bios nothing change .

it show GPU Native 8X .

I am sure that is my cpu is defect .

0 Likes
qbtheslayer
Challenger

Have you tried without the riser cables?  Plug the GPU directly into the motherboard to eliminate that as the source of the problem...

QB

0 Likes

Yes i try and no change .

Second slot work in 4x .

i try bios hard reset and no change.

i RMA the CPU .

i am sure the CPU have Problem

0 Likes

so was the CPU the problem? I am having similar issues on my Tuf x570 mobo in PCIe_1 

0 Likes