Adept II

Re: how to achieve 3200 mhz with ryzen 5 1600x

yeah i only have two dimms

angelo18
Adept II
Adept II

ill check the soc voltage to 1.100

so far I got it to boot at 2667 Mhz , from there doesn't do it . but ill try the soc voltage.
isn't the vdram a bit high? i read that 1.35 is as high as it goes?

losing the timings to something like 18-20-20-20-38 and so forward until the stability isachieved ? wouldnt those timings affect performance ?

thanks for mentioning the other factors in cpu overclocking vtt and vpp . I'll be looking for those .

the way the bios is , is kind of weird , is offset , i was going to put 0.0125 offset and it didn't let me . it only accepted this value 0125 just like that. i been hesitant to make any big changes to it . is just weird

gigabytes
Adept III
Adept III

I did not suggest any dangerous voltages to you in my post, no need to be concerned. I personally don't like going past 1.450v on ram, 1.500v on Vcore and 1.200v on SOC. Nor would I consider these voltages a 24/7 voltage, I do however run my memory at 1.400v 24/7, SOC at 1.125, my Vcore is controled by P-States and ranges from 2.2ghz@0.750v - 3.9ghz@1.375v. P-States is still a bit buggy though, but worth implementing.

You use these kinds of voltages and timings to trigger the memory overclock, once you have it at speed and stable you then apply your cpu overclock. Getting both cpu and memory overclock may require even more voltage. Once you have all your clocks where you want them (or best you can get them) then you work on tightening your memory timings checking for stability. Once your timings are tight then work to bring your voltages down.

It can be a very long process considering you want to move in baby steps, one adjustment at a time. Make sure to save various profiles like when you achieved the stable memory overclock with the high voltages for a reference. Far as bios go, the latest and greatest bios may not be the best. For example I cannot run the latest bios for Asus Prime X370-PRO because it makes my memory overclock a bit unstable. You can give 2 or 3 bios a try, like I said it can be a long process.

Don't forget there is new AGESA code coming that brings a lot more to the table in regards to memory.

0 Kudos
gigabytes
Adept III
Adept III

That is not exactly true, my memory is Hynix based and I run at full speed 3200.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3892.11 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR

mem19Apr17.jpg

angelo18
Adept II
Adept II

gigabytes i did not imply you were recommending dangerous voltages. matter of fact ddr4 is a brand new park for me , i was with ddr3 before . I'm getting use to the new stuff . i appreciate a lot the help. if you were close to me , I'll buy lunch and talk this over ..jajajajaj

i did i adjust it the voltages and calibration line to Level 2 . i got it to boot stable at 2667 .  turns out wasnt stable before . loll

yes , thats what im doing , overclocking the ram first , then the cpu.

by the way the vdd and vpp voltages i only raised it to 0.700 and 0.950 respectively . I'm going to read what they , whats the maximun i can put the too . i only put a +0.020 increase .

question ,  which software do you use to test ram stability ? i just use prime95 and regular use of the pc

0 Kudos
markus7912
Adept I
Adept I

Yes. The Real question is what kind of DDR4 work in full speed? After an AGESA does it matter is a ram single Rankin or not? Can mann 4X Pcs or 2X 2DIMMS working fine? Or maybe muss waiting for the next AGESA update. That is the real Question now.

0 Kudos
gigabytes
Adept III
Adept III

I will be the first to admit I had to beat my system into submission with voltage to trigger my DRAM @ 3200, once I got it I was able to lower voltage and tighten timings. I expect the next AGESA update released in bios in the next week or so will improve memory. We will see.

swaccelerated
Challenger
Challenger

Be sure to check if your bios needs update.  Here is the link from ASRock

Download Files form ASRock Inc. > Latest BIOS Update

In some cases,  with previous bios, changing memory clocks would not save when posting.

The updated bios has corrected that issue.

angelo18
Adept II
Adept II

my is hynix and i can only achieve 2133 MHz but the timings of 15-15-15-36 are awesome !!! (2400 MHz wasn't stable )
looking forward to the new bios !update !

0 Kudos