cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dultak
Journeyman III

How Long Does RMA process usually take for CPU in 2020?

I made an RMA request for my Ryzen 5 3600 yesterday, and after looking though other people's experiences with AMD RMA support I see that it can take a serious amount of time to advance the RMA process. I think I saw that one person did not receive an email that AMD thought that he had received, so he was waiting on AMD while they were in turn waiting on him! How should I go about the RMA process to get through it as fast as possible? In other words, are there any steps I should take to ensure that my waiting time is not very long?

Thanks, Dultak

0 Likes
6 Replies
RangerRobAZ
Adept I

Re: How Long Does RMA process usually take for CPU in 2020?

Took a week for them to reply initially. I replied within hours with all the information they requested. Then about 2.5 weeks after that I got a RMA authorization email. This is with me sending follow up emails weekly asking for status. So figure about 3-4 weeks from your initial contact until you get an RMA authorization. I will be returning the CPU Monday. Not sure how long the process will take after that.

luckyjj10
Journeyman III

This is awful.  I'm trying to start one with my crashing 5800x and I've already wasted so much time just trying to have a stable system.

0 Likes
mrsense
Adept II

I initiated an RMA on the 3rd week of November and received a replacement CPU on Christmas eve.

So it took a month.

0 Likes
nermain
Journeyman III

@mrsense wrote:

I initiated an RMA on the 3rd week of November and received a replacement CPU on Christmas eve.

So it took a month.

Really, are you kidding me? Me too, only, I haven't received a response YET, not just a replacement... 

I received automated generated email telling me that my RMA was approved and I had to send it withing 30 days. (26/10) send it 29/10 with the "ultra fast way"

to : AMD c/o Kuehne + Nagel
    1 Pudongweg
    Rozenburg (NH),  1437 EM
    Netherlands
    +44 1276 932318

fast forward it arrived in Netherlands 13/11 and I have no update since then, what happened? Did they change to the local tracking number? Was it arrived? was it declined? Did dragons steal it?. I got an email 20/11 telling me that it did not arrive yet and that I have 5 days to request an extension (So I did). Nothing happened, I started 3-4 tickets and got no reply. Today I started another ticket and a bot (probably) replied 20 minutes later telling me that the #SR I asked about has expired and it's not allowed to update me on it?

I panicked then I thought it probably is a bot replying. So I sent another one now. I don't care how long it's gonna take I just want an update 3 months later (it's almost 3 months). 

And to make matters worse, I thought, that my RMA will arrive to them in 3-4 days and they will send me or repair it back in 5-10 days. So I was planning not buying another 3600 and to wait for the replacement. Thankgod my parrents convinced me to buy one, because not even NOW 5600 is in stock in my country. 

0 Likes
mrsense
Adept II

I'm in the U.S.  Maybe that's why.

The AMD rep corresponding to my RMA request was very prompt.  The only thing annoyed me was he was asking me for several infomation in 3 different emails instead of a single.  By the way, my RMA was for a 5800X due to abnormally high temperature.

0 Likes
EvroNetwork
Journeyman III

I started having issues with my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

After testing ram, ssd, cpu, gpu and psu ...I've come to a conclusion that it's the CPU(Prime95 failed a few times one time on core 2 another on thread 16) anyway they did ask me extended details about the issue ...which was basically "shuttering" ...so after 20-30 minutes of turned on it was shuttering on about everything, so 5-6 tabs of youtube ....shutter, gaming while I stream? shuttering/frame drop etc.

So after giving the full details I got to send the CPU on Saturday and it's suppose to get a reply after 7-10 business days as they said, lets see what will happen. I can't stream(I'm a kinda pro streamer), I can even have my pc functioning and I'm using my work's laptop which is annoying as everything is locked so basic functioning, no gaming ..nothing fun

P.S. They did ask me details of mobo+model+bios version(I did try several newer versions but I had the same luck), tried different ram from colleagues at work, nothing ...cpu shuttering all the time. I have a few videos if someone is interested to see this, never seen a cpu do that in a modern system and I had a computer shop for ages(previous job)

0 Likes