cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

blazeiam
Journeyman III

How long does it take to get in touch with AMD support?

I, like many other, have been having issues with my 5950x and I've tried all the suggestions that don't completely gimp the processor. So I've reached out to AMD support and still haven't seen anything from them besides the automated confirmation. I know it's close to the holidays but I feel like they would at least have a low level tech support at least putting me through a flow chart before escalating my situation. what gives?

0 Likes
2 Replies
thunk_stuff
Adept II

Are you talking about RMA? It took 13 days for them to get back to me. I submitted my request beginning of December.

I also fill out a form on their technical support page, but have not heard back on that.

0 Likes

Feel free to call them once in a while to enquire about your support/RMA tickets progress as I've found it tends to speed up things a bit even tho they state not doing those over the phone : https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-call

They usually can give you an update on the ticket itself and/or add notes to it to ask for updates, thus getting it to move a tad faster ...

Good luck with your RMA, I've been informed that they won't even have spare 5950x to send back for replacement for at least 2 to 3 weeks here in Europe, but at least they sent me a 3100 to be able to have a working computer in the meanwhile  (YMMV in other geos tho I guess, since lending a processor is not part of their T&C)

0 Likes