cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

micplayzmc
Journeyman III

How long do RMA forms take for a response?

Hey all,

I recently RMA'd my 3700x (memory controller defected) around 2 days ago, and I am just wondering if they reply on email and how long they take to reply. Thanks!

T/N: {ticketno:[8201022806]}

0 Likes
10 Replies
micplayzmc
Journeyman III

Bump

0 Likes
micplayzmc
Journeyman III

Bump, can someone help me? Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi. 

I checked your RMA and we sent you a response on the 22nd, however we did not hear back from you. 

Your RMA is now closed. 

If you believe this is in error, please submit a new RMA claim and we will review it. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

0 Likes
rumple
Adept II

I wish they would respond to you.  This isn't giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.  IF we can drop the last generation CPU in the same hardware and it runs fine... EVERY customer will RMA their CPU if it has problems when it is installed, and customer support is too busy selling GPUs to avoid a class action lawsuit.  My advice is to send a USPS certified, notarized letter requesting service, and keep track of the dates and times. That way when they continue to make excuses about QVL lists, drivers, and user errors, you will be able to follow through with legal facts regarding the lemons.  

mrsense
Adept II

For me, they responded within a week.  However, they try their best not to approve the RMA.

I'm having the high temperature issue with my 5800, so are many others.  They asked to provide a lot of information that it's started to frustrate me.  I know it's their job and protocol, but at this point, I'm just returning the cpu to the store and buy it again.

0 Likes

@micplayzmc wrote:

Hey all,

I recently RMA'd my 3700x (memory controller defected) around 2 days ago, and I am just wondering if they reply on email and how long they take to reply. Thanks!

T/N: {ticketno:[8201022806]}

@Matt_AMD  may be able to look up your number and help you. 

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Have any of you noticed anything going on in the world lately? Things might just take longer than normal,so relax.

"Have any of you noticed anything going on in the world lately? Things might just take longer than normal,so relax."   You know what, you're doing nothing productive, yourself.... You're implying that we lack the observational skills to recognize a pandemic.   You're not contributing anything helpful.   You're actually worse than me right here, and I don;'t appreciate that you went out of your way to troll me.   You should take your own advice and stay out of this.

0 Likes

Thank You for being aware. It is appreciated.

0 Likes
tatane
Adept III

@micplayzmc : how did it turn out ? did you end up reopening an rma ticket ? did that one get answered ? 

Basically what I see there is someone who did open an rma, only to end up learning that we customers are supposed to be way faster then AMD to answer any mail, since his request took more then a week to get an answer, only to get closed less then 4 days after he didn't answer ... 

Now, if AMD is not considering that their customers can be affected by the current pandemic, why should we take that in consideration when it comes to not getting timely support from them ?

0 Likes