cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

disisme
Journeyman III

how do you get timely support with AMD?

I have a business that is utterly dependant upon my computer....my processor (3700X) took a crash and needs to be replaced.  so I open a ticket....24 hours to get a reply.....please send us this info, including a copy of the invoice.  sent them all immediately after receiving the request. 

Another 24 hours..... they ask for the SAME thing again!  This is despite me telling them that i am confined to  a tablet with no access to a scanner or any other fancy software or hardware at the point of initial contact.

at this point it is quite apparent that support check their email once a day, but don't actually READ what it says...despite the criticality of the issue in question.  if I replied to my customers once a day, I would be out of business fast, and I may well be out of business due to AMDs apathetic attitude towards customer response.  

if you have a single point of contact, make it an interactive process....you are sending me down the toilet here AMD ….

how many others are encountering this same elongated and debilitating delay in support responsiveness?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I believe you have received a reply to your request via email. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I believe you have received a reply to your request via email. 

0 Likes

yes thank you amdmatt!  took a while but all resolved.

can you answer me a few questions regarding support for this type of thing.

Firstly, are warranty tickets in the queue read once per day and responded too?

I just wonder if this is company process, or software derived delays.The reason being that this is extremely disrespectful to the customer, especially those that are dependent upon the product for their livelihood.  Yes, AMD is a business that has tmake money, but customer perception, especially in this day of social media broadcasting, is incredibly important.  There is a process that I believe all companies should adopt in support, but none to... "It is better to be seen to be doing something, even to the detriment of actually doing it"...meaning, its better to interact with a customer regularly, even if you have to stop actually working on their case, just to give them that "feel good"

0 Likes