cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

idiocracy
Adept II

How do you buy a 4300GE ?

I'm trying to upgrade a 200GE, but i have no idea how you buy a 4300GE, or even a 3150GE for that matter. Because they simply don't exist, no retail site have any of these two listed as an item. They don't exist on aliexpress or ebay either.

So, how are you supposed to buy them?

0 Likes
12 Replies

The reason why you can't find any in Retail stores online or anywhere else is because those processors are OEM ONLY.

This means that those processors are sold to companies for them to use the processors for their products like HP or DELL or ACER etc.

OEM/TRAY Processors are sold in bulk to OEM Manufacturers thus only the OEM Manufacturer can give a Warranty on those type of Processors.

From CPU World:

Screenshot 2021-01-12 064130.png

As you notice there are no Retail Part Number for that processor.

0 Likes

All AMD's consumer athlon and ryzen apu's are OEM, pro are not marked as OEM. Today, you can't build an igpu system with amd parts OEM or not. So if you are currently looking to build an igpu system, buy intel. Because you can actually buy a 10100T, but the non-OEM 3150GE you can't.

OEM stuff is often sold by retailers as well, they just buy a tray and sell each part individually without box or cooler. That's why it's odd you can't even find them on aliexpress or ebay.

This means i literally can't upgrade my 200GE unless i either buy second hand, or switch mobo and go intel. That's messed up.

0 Likes

No, Most of AMD consumer Athlons and Ryzen APU have both OEM and Retail versions. The Retail versions comes either by itself or bundled with a CPU Cooler and all Retail versions qualifies for the 3 year AMD Warranty.

Whereas the OEM/Tray versions doesn't qualify for the 3 year AMD Warranty nor comes in a Retail box and the Warranty is strictly from the seller of the processor and not AMD.

I believe all Ryzen Pro processors are OEM processors and not sold in Retail stores.

AMD has many Athlon and Ryzen APUs including 2nd and 3nd generations that are sold in Retail versions.

You are correct that some Online Retailers like Ebay or Ali Express do sell OEM processors but without any long term Warranty plus you have no idea in what type of shape those OEM processors are in when sold.

Again you are mistaken, the Athlon 3150GE is also strictly OEM/TRAY processor like the 4300GE thus not normally sold in Retail stores.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 091803.png

0 Likes

No, i meant just in general. Like i can buy a 200GE, 2700E, 3600, 3950X etc. etc. tray cpu from local retailers. Probably ~40% of all AMD AM4 products in the country are tray, so retailers buying OEM trays is just as normal as boxed products. But you know there's something off when even aliexpress or ebay doesn't have it.

Their own website states all their consumer apu's are OEM. Check for your self.

https://www.amd.com/en/processors/ryzen-with-graphics

https://www.amd.com/en/processors/athlon-desktop

You are correct that some previous gen G apu's are available. There's 3 to be exact 2200G, 3200G & 3400G of which none of them are GE. Meaning there is no upgrade path as there's 0 current or previous gen GE products available.
So how am i supposed to upgrade?

0 Likes

Have you checked your Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT List to see which processors your Motherboard supports. I am sure all or most are Retail versions of both APU and CPUs. Plus if you have a modern AM4 400 or 500 Series Motherboard it supports the latest AMD CPUs.

According to AMD all 4000 Series APUs are OEM only for the moment. But some foreign Retailers are selling those CPUs to the public.

The same goes for the Athlon 3000  Series APUs. They are all OEM for the moment. But does seem like some Retailers are selling them to the public.

But note, if you purchase an OEM CPU from a Retailer, only the Retailer is the one that can give you any type of Warranty not AMD. Yes it might be cheaper since it doesn't come in a Retail Box nor CPU Cooler and has no 3 year AMD Warranty.

But if the processor goes defective and the Retailer Warranty is only good for 3 months, as an example,  or whatever you just have an very expensive paperweight since AMD Warranty will refuse your RMA if you fill one out.

You are confusing "Consumer" with "OEM". Consumer CPUs are processors that can be sold directly to the public and has a AMD Warranty. While OEM are sold in bulk to Computer manufacturers and have no AMD Warranty except to the OEM who purchased the processors directly from AMD.

If you post the Make & Model of your motherboard I will see what CPUs it supports.

0 Likes

On the AMD page, if you click "processors" then "desktop" it literally says "consumer:" for "ryzen w. graphics" & "athlon w. graphics" where all the products are labelled as OEM.

Unavngivet.jpg

You mention some retailers are selling 3000 series apu's, who are those retailers? Because i have not been able to find a single 3050GE or 3150GE listed anywhere.

Why would you want to know what cpu's the mobo supports? it supports all of them. Not that it changes anything, situation is still the same. I have 0 products to upgrade to.

0 Likes

What you are showing me are Consumer AMD Processors and not OEM processors.

AMD has Athlon APUs and Ryzen APU and all ThreadRippers are all Consumer processors. They may have OEM part numbers but also have Consumer Part Numbers.

Again you are confusing Consumer with OEM. Where in that image does it say it is OEM?

But you do believe you know a lot about processors. So I won't repeat myself anymore since you have it your mind that Consumer and OEM are the same.

Plus since you believe your motherboard supports all processors, go ahead and purchase a processor that isn't listed on the CPU Support list or has the wrong BIOS version installed and your PC doesn't boot up.

I will just chuckle when you open another AMD Thread asking why your PC doesn't boot up.

Anyways, I hope you find your processor that you are looking for.

Good luck!

0 Likes

Sigh. Well, if you clicked the links i sent you would've figured that out by now. But here you go.

Udklip.JPG

Udklip1.JPG

Both products are listed under the "consumer" category, but labelled as OEM. I hope pictures are enough for you, or do you need me to make a video?

Yes the board supports 1'st to 5'th gen, i don't know why that's a problem for you. And i don't know why i would install a cpu on the wrong bios. Or is that another fetish of yours, just wishing for people to do that?

"I will just chuckle when you open another AMD Thread asking why your PC doesn't boot up."

I wouldn't, no matter how computer inept you are. But, doesn't surprise me you would, you seem like that kinda person.

"Anyways, I hope you find your processor that you are looking for."

We already established that i can't.

0 Likes

Again the image you are showing is clearly stating that those processors are OEM not Consumer otherwise if wouldn't have OEM in parenthesis.

The reason why it is listed under "Consumer' is because eventually those processors are sold to Consumers when they purchase a entire PC already built or laptop or a Motherboard that comes with that OEM processor already installed.

How do you know which BIOS version you need for which processor you install?  The only place that shows that information is on the Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST.

Don't tell me, ALL BIOS VERSIONS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PROCESSORS right?  The same as when you said ALL PROCESSORS WILL WORK ON YOUR MOTHERBOARD.

I suggest you start googling and  verify your answers before posting them.

Google:

CPU SUPPORT LIST

OEM Processors

CONSUMER Processors

Difference between OEM and Consumer Processors

etc.

Maybe you will learn something.

0 Likes

"The reason why it is listed under "Consumer' is because eventually those processors are sold to Consumers when they purchase a entire PC already built or laptop or a Motherboard that comes with that OEM processor already installed."

If that's the logic behind it, that's just stupid. Regular people visiting their site looking at new products would logically go to the consumer section. Only to find products they can't purchase because they're OEM.

"How do you know which BIOS version you need for which processor you install?"

I check the version in the bios, or gpuz and cross-reference with the manufacturers site. How do you do it?

"Don't tell me, ALL BIOS VERSIONS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PROCESSORS right?"

Why would i say something like that? No bios supports all cpu's. Or are you stating that all bios's support all cpu's, because that is not true, they do not. So please stop telling people that if you are.

0 Likes

"I check the version in the bios, or gpuz and cross-reference with the manufacturers site." FALSE

GPU-Z or BIOS just gives you the BIOS Version IT DOESN'T TELL YOU IF THAT BIOS VERSION IS COMPATIBLE WITH A PROCESSOR!

Only the Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST SHOWS THAT!

From your previous replies that are wrong:

"All AMD's consumer athlon and ryzen apu's are OEM, pro are not marked as OEM." FALSE

"Why would you want to know what cpu's the mobo supports? it supports all of them" FALSE - You mentioned previously that your motherboard SUPPORTS ALL PROCESSORS which is incorrect, they do not support all processors.

"And i don't know why i would install a cpu on the wrong bios" Because since you don't look at the CPU SUPPORT LIST you have absolutely no way of knowing which BIOS version is compatible with a specific processor.

"Why would i say something like that? No bios supports all cpu's. Or are you stating that all bios's support all cpu's, because that is not true, they do not. So please stop telling people that if you are."  - I can see that you have a very difficult time understanding or comprehending what you read. I have been SAYING JUST THE OPPOSITE!.

0 Likes

"GPU-Z or BIOS just gives you the BIOS Version IT DOESN'T TELL YOU IF THAT BIOS VERSION IS COMPATIBLE WITH A PROCESSOR!"

Why do you think i cross-reference with the manufacturers website?

""All AMD's consumer athlon and ryzen apu's are OEM, pro are not marked as OEM." FALSE"

Prove it, so far i've proven that if you do go to the consumer section of their website, all the apu's they list are OEM only. If you can prove otherwise, feel free to do so.

"You mentioned previously that your motherboard SUPPORTS ALL PROCESSORS which is incorrect, they do not support all processors."

It supports all the GE once it needs to support, don't care about the rest.

"Because since you don't look at the CPU SUPPORT LIST you have absolutely no way of knowing which BIOS version is compatible with a specific processor."

"...and cross-reference with the manufacturers site." Am i cross-referencing memory speeds, bios compatibility or pcie speeds? There's 3 options of which 2 are wrong. Take whatever time you need.

" I have been SAYING JUST THE OPPOSITE!."

That's good. Your reply just looked like a statement. But thanks for clarifying. Btw, you might wanna check your keyboard, it appears to be broken.

0 Likes