cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adept II
Adept II

Re: How do you buy a 4300GE ?

"The reason why it is listed under "Consumer' is because eventually those processors are sold to Consumers when they purchase a entire PC already built or laptop or a Motherboard that comes with that OEM processor already installed."

If that's the logic behind it, that's just stupid. Regular people visiting their site looking at new products would logically go to the consumer section. Only to find products they can't purchase because they're OEM.

"How do you know which BIOS version you need for which processor you install?"

I check the version in the bios, or gpuz and cross-reference with the manufacturers site. How do you do it?

"Don't tell me, ALL BIOS VERSIONS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL PROCESSORS right?"

Why would i say something like that? No bios supports all cpu's. Or are you stating that all bios's support all cpu's, because that is not true, they do not. So please stop telling people that if you are.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

"I check the version in the bios, or gpuz and cross-reference with the manufacturers site." FALSE

GPU-Z or BIOS just gives you the BIOS Version IT DOESN'T TELL YOU IF THAT BIOS VERSION IS COMPATIBLE WITH A PROCESSOR!

Only the Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST SHOWS THAT!

From your previous replies that are wrong:

"All AMD's consumer athlon and ryzen apu's are OEM, pro are not marked as OEM." FALSE

"Why would you want to know what cpu's the mobo supports? it supports all of them" FALSE - You mentioned previously that your motherboard SUPPORTS ALL PROCESSORS which is incorrect, they do not support all processors.

"And i don't know why i would install a cpu on the wrong bios" Because since you don't look at the CPU SUPPORT LIST you have absolutely no way of knowing which BIOS version is compatible with a specific processor.

"Why would i say something like that? No bios supports all cpu's. Or are you stating that all bios's support all cpu's, because that is not true, they do not. So please stop telling people that if you are."  - I can see that you have a very difficult time understanding or comprehending what you read. I have been SAYING JUST THE OPPOSITE!.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

"GPU-Z or BIOS just gives you the BIOS Version IT DOESN'T TELL YOU IF THAT BIOS VERSION IS COMPATIBLE WITH A PROCESSOR!"

Why do you think i cross-reference with the manufacturers website?

""All AMD's consumer athlon and ryzen apu's are OEM, pro are not marked as OEM." FALSE"

Prove it, so far i've proven that if you do go to the consumer section of their website, all the apu's they list are OEM only. If you can prove otherwise, feel free to do so.

"You mentioned previously that your motherboard SUPPORTS ALL PROCESSORS which is incorrect, they do not support all processors."

It supports all the GE once it needs to support, don't care about the rest.

"Because since you don't look at the CPU SUPPORT LIST you have absolutely no way of knowing which BIOS version is compatible with a specific processor."

"...and cross-reference with the manufacturers site." Am i cross-referencing memory speeds, bios compatibility or pcie speeds? There's 3 options of which 2 are wrong. Take whatever time you need.

" I have been SAYING JUST THE OPPOSITE!."

That's good. Your reply just looked like a statement. But thanks for clarifying. Btw, you might wanna check your keyboard, it appears to be broken.

0 Kudos