cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zodola
Adept I

Re: How do I fix my ryzen 7 3700x overheating problems?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but the pump does look circular but you can see for yourself: Kraken X42 Water Cooling Fan | Liquid Cooling | NZXT | NZXT .

Also I don't know what IHS is.

0 Likes
zodola
Adept I

Once I've started up my pc it sits around 60 for a few seconds, moves down to the 50's for a bit then sits within the 40's after the first minute and stays there occasionally dipping into the high 30's. Just to be clear, it stays in the 60's and 50's for only the first minute and once the cooling has properly got going it then sits within the 40's whilst idling.

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

The IHS is just the cover of the CPU that has the branding and model number etched onto it.

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Theres been talk about those old circle-style AIO's that were made before Zen 2's time not properly covering the Chiplets due to their location on the package. If it doesnt it will lead to higher idle and operating temps which seems to be the case even if youve tighted the cooler down properly.

For refrence, My 3900x with an EK Velocity block, which has expanded coldplate and microfin coverage over the entire Ryzen IHS has my CPU idling at 22c.

I guess I should ask as well, what is your ambient temperature abouts?

zodola
Adept I

I think that could well be the case however, even if I am not getting the temperatures I should be getting, I think 72º C under load is a pretty decent maximum temperature anyway. Especially since with the wraith prism cooler managed to let my temperatures rocket into the high 90's at some points.

Ambient temperatures are probably not quite accurate but are at 23.5º C.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

get a new cooler that is suitable for AM4 which has much different requirements than older solutions

best bet is my favorite, liquid nitrogen gets real results but humidity is a problem

0 Likes