cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

How can I benefit from One core per module?

Jump to solution

How can I benefit from One core per module setting from BIOS for AMD multi-core CPUs?

Does enabling it mean that I am loosing x-times core performance? What does it mean at all?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: How can I benefit from One core per module?

Jump to solution

auto is default. since some applications and programs  benefit better one way and some the other. if was a sever setting in the corner doing 1 job you would set it for best application that your goal is.  if you need specific mathmatical explanation you will need to contact engineering support.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

some games do not like multithread because game programmers usually lazy and dont want all the extra work. battlefield 1 being one of those games... there are many.. also poorly programmed games such as battlefield 1  only use 4 threads, they will nor answer if it 2 cores 2 threads but most likely just 4 whateverssssss..

it can be changed in minutes in the text  notepad of game engine to use up to any amount of threads, but you must leave 2 free for system. this is just an example of why its an option in bios..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I don't understand you very well but never mind.

Am I loosing some performance enabling one core per module and vice versa? Can I simple measure the difference?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

your best to just leave this on auto setting.. unless your running linux or server or single thread applications...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I do not want to change the settings. I was wondering how exactly I benefit from changing it. Specifically I would like to know technical background.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

auto is default. since some applications and programs  benefit better one way and some the other. if was a sever setting in the corner doing 1 job you would set it for best application that your goal is.  if you need specific mathmatical explanation you will need to contact engineering support.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Okay. Thanks for answer. Can you give me that contact?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

i wish i did lol... im sure they are busier than simple things right now..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Ok then. Bye.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

check back i'll see if i can find you the correct person with an answer for you.. ok