cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jad2020
Adept I

How accurate is Ryzen master in terms of temps vs 3rd Party apps such as CoreTemp and HWMonitor?

When I am monitoring my temperatures on all 3 apps, they are all different, with Ryzen Master showing the lowest number.

So my question really is what is the most accurate so I can establish how effective my temperatures are as I am recording some very high numbers when I am using software like lightroom. When exporting, it usually tends to high at least 90 degrees.

Worth also noting that I am using Ryzen 3600 and the stock cooler. I have ordered a new CPU Cooler (Noctua 12s) which I hope will help reduce the temperatures.

Also, What app can I use to truely test my temp to make sure everything is working as it should on my new machine?

Thanks,

0 Likes
2 Replies
mccharle
Elite

hello,

90°C with stock cooler on heavy load, nothing wrong. On idle you should stay around 40-45°C I think.

With Noctua 12S, last time I tried, stayed around 76°C.

For thermal measurement, I think Ryzen Master report linear temperature and the other software the instant temperature, we can see the little spikes use in this case.

Thanks, I’m probably over worrying as it is my first PC build! 

Would you class as exporting raw file to JPEG on lightroom as heavy load? 

When I say it hits 90 degrees, thats not consistent, it like spikes then reduces.

0 Likes