cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cyssa
Journeyman III

High Temps with Ryzen 7 5800x

Specs - Ryzen 7 5800x, EVGA 3070 FTW3, Asus ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming, 980 PRO, NZXT X53, Corsair RM750X, Corsair 4000D Airflow

Hi!

I built a PC two weeks ago and running into the issue of 5800X being way too hot even with a 240mm radiator. Whenever I open games, my temps reach 90 c and then they start to average around 60-70 c. Attaching screenshots where both times the maximums were reached while opening the game leading to fans getting way too loud. I think reaching these temps while opening games like fornite is insane. Should I replace my AIO?

IMG_5711 Medium.jpegIMG_5712 Medium.jpeg

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

cyssa, please take screenshots using the print screen button. I do not know what application you are using but  third party utilities are notorious for bad reporting. I trust only Ryzen Master. Please post screenshots (real, not pictures) of Ryzen Master (RM) and do not cut off any on the image. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi, this is HWInfo64 and the temps are accurate as NZXT Cam and HWMonitor and HWINFO64 all show the same temps. 

0 Likes

cyssa, please run the test and post the screenshots I requested. I cannot even venture a guess based on the information you have posted so far. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

Check your in and out on your cpu loop. This is a sign of either improper seating of the block or your input and output on block are reversed

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

I skimmed to fast didn't see it was an AIO. Check seating of the block and that you took off the plastic before installing

0 Likes

I have remounted the cooler and repasted using Noctua thermal paste last weekend and it helped somewhat (~5 C) but still get this hot. I feel like I have mounted it as well as I could.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,
You have a RoG Strix gaming F, check if you don't have PBO values override. If you do, then that's pretty normal.

Just lower to Auto or something. While you are at it. Undervolt it by offset. It should lower a bit too.

If it does not work. Check the block or check AIO pump curve if you have it connected to the AIO Pump header.
You can also do a clear CMOS.

johnnyenglish_0-1674393729327.png

Here is a nice tutorial on how to undervolt.

The Englishman

Make sure you have good air circulation inside your PC by removing the side panel and see if the processor runs slightly cooler then with the side panel on.

Also check the orientation of your AIO Radiator and GPU to make sure that the GPU or CPU is not blowing hot air into each other.

Make sure all your Radiator Fans and case fans are all clean and the PC filters are clean to maximum air flow inside your PC case.

Run OCCT Stress tests for the CPU, GPU, & PSU and keep a close eye on Temperatures, Fan Speeds, and PSU Outputs. See if all 3 passes without failure or PC shutting down.

That will might help to determine if you have A AIO issue or not.