cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

SparrowRS
Journeyman III

High Ryzen 5 5600x temps with a water cooler

Hi guys. I literally just got my ryzen 5 5600x. I installed it without any problems and I instantly noticed oddly high CPU temps. I have a pretty new MSI Coreliquid 240r. Under load it hit 70C which I know might not seem too crazy but, its a watercooler and I expected much lower temps with it. The thermal paste is brand new and I'm just looking for any suggestions to help lower the cpu temps. 

This cooler was a RMA warranty replacement so it is pretty new. I had a ryzen 5 2600 and the temps were hitting 105C with same cooler so I thought the cooler was the problem. Got it replaced. When I installed the new one, it was working just fine. 40-50C under load with my Ryzen 5 2600. Thought I had plenty of headroom for a more powerful cpu so I got a 5600x. And now here we are with these temp problems again.  I am extremely confused on how my temps just change just from switching the cpu. Running stock speeds btw. 

Are these typical 5600x temps? Should I replace my cooler? Does my motherboard VRMS affect temperatures? Are there any softwares I need to download for this cpu? I have so many questions.

Plz help. 

PC specs:

Ryzen 5 5600x

gtx 1660 super

gigabyte aorus b450 pro wifi

16gb corsair vengeance pro rgb

500W psu

0 Likes
11 Replies