Did you mean: 

Processors

nemesis_r3
Journeyman III

High Ryzen 3800x temps and Voltage

Hi guys, i just built a new PC today and this is the config:

Processor : Ryzen 7 3800x

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570 

Ram : GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 16GB (2x8)

Case: NZXT H500

3 fans are running in total, 2 at the front and 1 in the rear of the case.

I'm using the stock Wraith Prism cooler provided for the CPU. I see that temps are staying consistently above 80C.

Here is a snapshot of Ryzen Master

pastedImage_1.png

I also noticed that vCore keeps spiking over 1.4 sometimes reaching close to 1.5

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Thanks much for the Ryzen Master (RM) screenshot, nemesis_r3!  Now I see that Ryzen 3 specifies the maximum CPU temperature.  These spikes are quite normal for all Ryzens, so no problem.  If you are running W10 1903, the Balanced Power Plan has been changed and is much more aggressive.  If you do not like the temperatures, then get a better cooler or change the Power Plan.  There is a good video talking about XFR and PBO from AMD and makes a very strong statement about 'quality CPU cooler'.  If you cannot find it, I will post a link, but especially on the weekend, links cause long delays in posting.  Thanks again and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I'm running a 240mm AIO with the 3800x and seeing 40C idle 70+ degrees stock on cinebench.

I was running the same setup with the 2700X and idle was usually under 30 and I never saw above low 60s even when overlcocking.   I redid the cooler/paste twice to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Something is not right here.

0 Likes
jkkyler
Journeyman III

I feel the same, I had a 2600 with a 240mm aio and the temps were uppers 30's at idle and low 50's under load . Changed out mobo from x370 to x470 chipset (both are Asus- x370 prime pro to x470 prime pro and both with same latest bios and updated drivers/chipsets) and with the 3800x my temps are all over the board at idle anywhere from 42 to 56 BUT my max temp under load running prime95 blend torture test has not gone above 67 and avg 65. I have repasted the reseated cooler to see if that made a difference and the result was no change. ALso Vddcr voltages at stock settings regardless of mobo setting is reading 1.44v.

Cooling is 2,x120 fans on  the 240mm radiator - front mounted pull (intake) config, 2x120mm fans at top of case exhaust, 1x120mm at rear of case exhaust

0 Likes