Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zanzile
Journeyman III

High idle temperatures on my ryzen 7 3800x

Hi,

So i just built my new PC and notice that i would always hear the Wraith prism cooler speed up whilst idle, the idle temperatures on my 3800x are always in the 60°C's range, some times even hitting 70°C randomly at idle. i have 3 intake fans at the front, and 3 exhaust fans at the back (all are corsair sp120), the fans are oriented correctly as well i'm seeing a lot of people have much lower temperatures and was wondering what the reason for such high temperatures. i have included print screen of an idle temperature. 

In addition when i game its consistently in the 70°C range, seeing it at 78 at some points, i have only played Valorant so far, which isn't a demanding game at all. All help would be greatly appreciated.

my specs

motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus ATX Motherboard,

case: Corsair iCUE 220T

GPU: Gigabyte 2070 super Gaming oc 3x

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Processor

RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB 

Power supply: corsair rm750x

pastedImage_7.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
RbkPlaY
Journeyman III

Hello,

Have you found a solution for your problem? I'm going through a similar issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes

@zanzile I was having the same issue with my 3700x and I have an identical set up. Here is the original post.

Solved: 3700x constant high voltage - AMD Community

The root of mine was Corsair's ICUE along with high polling rate on my mouse.

The fix.

Install latest AMD chipset drivers.

Use Ryzen balanced power plan in Windows under power  settings.

Uninstall Corsair.

Change mouse polling to 125hz

After that voltage was around .3v average idle.

I found this isn't just a problem with Ryzen either. My Intel CPU's do the same thing in response to the non stop polling request from ICUE. If you get lighting then you'll need to get a hardware controller.

0 Likes