cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

azreeno
Adept I

High idle core speed with ryzen 3600

On CPU-Z my core speed is between 4065mhz and 4141mhz at idle but when I use the CPU-Z benchmark the core speed only hits 3942mhz in the CPU-Z screenshot. Did I lose the silicon lottery or is CPU-Z bench bugged?
On 3DMark in Time Spy, my Maximum turbo clock is between 4092mhz and 4192mhz.

0 Likes
6 Replies
sayan0017
Journeyman III

My Ryzen 3600 is showing same thing,under load temp is crossing 85 c

0 Likes

Do you have any RGB? When I set my rgb on static mode my temps went down by atleast 10C. You can also try to optimize the airflow in your case.

0 Likes

Will resetting the cmos fix this issue as the processor is running on oc voltage ? Or i will have to wait for bios update .

0 Likes
nickjackalson
Adept III

my cpu has single core 4100MHz and all core 4000 boosts, so it's ok and looks better than mine because when stressed CPU gets lower clocks

next up try overclocking, I only got it to 4.2GHz all core, yours my get higher than that

compare with my scores down there

Cinebench Stock 3600 RAM 1589.PNG

0 Likes

On Aida64 it says that my CPU clock is at 4192mhz but in game it runs only around 4ghz.

I also discovered that my ram is performing rather poorly on passmark and that the model number isn't right. 

My model is detected as F4-3200C16-8GTZN and is performing 140points below the model average.
pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

yeah that 4200 is single core boost, mine reports 4100 and its also single core boost, you're still 100MHz higher than me

for the ram, try little OC without changing timings and voltage, like 3200 to 3333, you will see a good uplift

0 Likes