cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

presentxy
Journeyman III

High End CPU with low end MOBO ? and MOBO's VRM TEMPS?

1) Ryzen 2600X with A320 Chipset possible(any danger about temp) ?

2)AMD's chipset VRM temps ? especially A320,X470 chipset (nanometer of chipset idk? temp of chipset ?)

I really wonder for example (Intel® H310 Chipset Product Specifications ) intel gave us a lot of information about chipset 14nm which is that mean very good temp about mobo even low end mobo chipset.What about AMD's A320,B350,X370,X470 how many nanometers,TDP?

Can i use R5 2600X with low end mobo like A320 ? most important thing is what about VRM temp about motherboard ?

0 Likes
6 Replies

AMD's "chipsets" are co-designed and manufactured by ASUS subsidiary AsMedia. Since most of the historically chipset functions have been moved onto the CPU itself, with the chipset only providing additional USB, SATA, and PCIe 2.0 connectivity, the chipset's manufacturing process, power consumption, and thermals are pretty much meaningless. As far as using a CPU with a motherboard, in the case of Socket AM4, as long as the BIOS supports the chip, you can use it.

ryzenam4-block

0 Likes

i dont care about power consumption, show me chipset tempature ? thats the main thing, when i convert video with 870 chipset i got restart because of chipset 80 degree and my cpu very cool besides with great mobo not that great huh MSI 870A FUZION POWER EDITON, and i have right now MSI 970 GAMING AM3+ and again very bad tempature 72degree just WHY !!! its just chipset i dont want hot chipset,where is thermal results ?

0 Likes

If you're getting 80 degree chipset temperatures either the heatsink was improperly installed, your case airflow is nonexistant, or your power supply is undervolting and causing increased temperatures. A chipset should not get warmer than 55*C under heavy load, even with low end motherboards with bare bones cooling.

0 Likes

c4ca4238a0b9238.jpg

RED ONES AIR OUT

BLUE ONES AIR IN

CORSAIR VS650W

CORSAIR 200R CASE

and 6th fan is AKASA VIPER 120MM other fans classic 12mm fan 40CFM airflow.

i get very high temp with 870A FUZION POWER EDITION,

now with MSI 970 GAMING still bad tempature

---- RIGHT NOW  IDLE ----

2.png

whats your mobo by the way ?

i have also rx480 strix very long GPU, chipset under the GPU all time.

believe me i have very decent psu,cooling.

0 Likes

Use AIDA64, not HWMon. On mine HWMon isn't even reading the chipset temperature, so it is quite possible you're not even reading your chipset temperature.

Right now I have a Crosshair VI Hero, previously I used a Sabertooth 990FX Gen3 R2.0, a Crosshair IV Formula, a Crosshair III Formula, M3A78-T, and before that I'd have to look up my order history.

0 Likes
presentxy
Journeyman III

So guys what are u think about

RYZEN 2600X use with GA-A320M-HD2 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global and of course all cores set 4.0GHZ is it posssible i dont wanna overclock just set all cores and all threads @4.0ghz.

0 Likes