Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

symmachie
Journeyman III

High EDC% in Fortnite(?)

Hey guys,

after solving so many issues with my r7 3700x on b450 tomahawk max combo, I have been good for a while but after upgrading bios to the newest version, I'm getting a high EDC (CPU), but not always like other threads. I'm just getting it while playing Fortnite. Tried a lot of different games, it's just this one.
Why is it getting so high and can I fix it/is it dangerous?

Would it help buying a x570 mb?

Best regards.

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

symmachie, it is not dangerous.  It means you are at the limit you have set for EDC (90 Amperes).  You can change the limit but that will be considered overclocking.  AMD has been working to correct the boost problem receiving so many complaints.  Looks like the MB vendor finally got you the proper BOIS/AGESA update.  Please DL the Ryzen Master (RM) QRG and read about OCing.  In the future when posting an RM screenshot, please do not chop it up or cover it up.  It contains lots of very good information.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: The forum allows you to drag-n-drop images here.

0 Likes

Here's a full pic

As I mentioned, it just happens in fortnite^^ would a x570 motherboard do better?
pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Sorry, symmachie.  I know little about your board choices.  I do see that MEM VDDIO is 0.  This means to me that someone or something is making changes to BIOS values that RM thinks it controls.  If you can stop that, it can only help.  I would suggest uninstalling any OC applications on your system, doing a Clear CMOS and see if RM reports a number like 1.35 Volts for MEM VDDIO.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

I have no OC application on my system.
I also have to lookup how to clear CMOS.

Thanks for the help, I'll do an update as soon as I can!

0 Likes

Hey,

I've read in this manual that it's a normal problem when it shows 0 MEM VDDIO.

https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-03/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-and-AMD-Ryzen-Master-Overclocking-Users... 

Note: Motherboards that do not make MEM VDDIO available to AMD Ryzen Master through BIOS will cause AMD Ryzen Master to display 0.000V for MEM VDDIO and MEM VTT.

As I said, I've got no OC application, neither did I overlock anything through BIOS etc, everything is on stock except from the A-XMP activation for ram.

Should I just take it that EDC is so high in Fortnite/stresstest or should I consider returning the mobo and/or swap it for a x570?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Thanks, symmachie.  First time I had seen that.  I got my information from AMD.  Do as you wish.  Enjoy, John,

0 Likes